Ahhhh… the perfect game day recipe…Buffalo chicken dip. It just puts me in a good mood. I like dipping fresh celery into this creamy bowl buffalo goodness… and I always aim for chunks of bleu cheese to scoop up- this dip is FULL of those.
If you’re like me and have a freezer full of chicken, it’s no problem to toss it into some water for boiling while it’s still frozen solid. In fact, it’s a great way to get it cooked quickly. From there, shredding it can be kind of a pain, but the rest is easy-peasy. I even tossed my cooked/shredded chicken in the slow cooker, mixed it with everything else, and let it heat up in there instead of the oven. The choice is yours my friends!
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breast
- 1 (12 oz.) bottle hot sauce (I like Frank’s)
- 2 jars Marie’s Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Boil the chicken breasts for approximately 20 minutes, until cooked through. Drain the water and use two forks to shred it up.
- Pour the hot sauce over the chicken and mix thoroughly. Marinade as long as you’re able, overnight if possible!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the bleu cheese dressing, cream cheese, and a handful of cheddar cheese.
- Place in a 13 x 9 inch (or two 8 x 8 inch) baking pans and top with remaining cheddar. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until hot and bubbly on the top.
You can also place the shredded chicken mixture in the slow cooker for heating as opposed to the oven if you have more time to spareYou can also follow me on Pinterest or join my group on Facebook