Delicious chocolate chip cookie bars screw-topped with flossy, sticky candy cream and a decadent, rum-and-cinnamon-spiced punch popcorn that is decorated with Twix & candy. delivered to you by The Domestic Rebel & PAM preparation Spray to form your holidays easier!
- 1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow cream
- 1 pkg refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- Pinch nutmeg
- 3 cups air-popped popcorn (either plain or lightly salted)
- About 6-8 miniature Twix bars, chopped
- ½ pkg vanilla Candiquik or almond bark
- ¼ tsp rum extract
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- About ½ cup toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8″ baking pan with foil, extending the sides of the foil over the edges of the pan. Mist the foil with PAM Cooking Spray for easy cleanup; set aside.
- Press the cookie dough evenly into the bottom of the greased pan. I usually break off a little cookie dough at a time, flatten it in my palms, and press it together like a puzzle to make it easier. Bake the cookie dough layer for approx. 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool for 30 minutes.
- Once cookie bar layer has mostly cooled, open up the marshmallow cream. Using a greased offset spatula (just spritz the tool with some PAM), spread gobs of the marshmallow cream on top of the cookie in an even layer. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, melt the Candiquik until smooth. Quickly stir in the rum extract, pinch of nutmeg and the cinnamon to combine. Add the popcorn, Twix and toffee bits and gently toss the mixture together to coat thoroughly.
- Spread the popcorn mixture tall & evenly on top of the marshmallow layer. Pack it in, if possible, by using greased hands or your greased offset spatula. Allow the bars to set, about an hour at room temperature. Before cutting into squares, spritz a sharp knife with PAM to make cutting easier. Serve immediately.