Without question, this blueberry and zucchini bread recipe was the favourite. It is so popular that my zucchini supplier informed me that he will be adding blueberries to my weekly delivery so that I can bring this bread to the office daily.
So, if there are any of you who are overflowing with zucchini like me, make a few dozen loaves of bread to share with your boss, neighbors, friends, family, the mailman… . I guarantee you that this will be the case, score brownie points!
- cooking spray
- 2 cups of white sugar
- 1 ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups of grated zucchini
- 2 ¾ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup of old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup unsweetened grated coconut
- 1 pint of fresh blueberries
- ½ cup of nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Slightly grease 2 standard loaf pans or 4 mini loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Beat sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla extract in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in zucchini.
- Sift together the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda into another bowl. Stir in oats and coconut. Add flour mixture to zucchini mixture; mix slowly until smooth. Stir blueberries and nuts into batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared bread pans.
- Bake in preheated oven until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Cool 20 minutes before serving.