This lasagna can be made without ever having to turn on your oven or even boil noodles. You can have it ready in less than 30 minutes, making it a perfect weeknight meal. I’ve always had to save lasagna for the weekends when I have more time, but not anymore.
Ayla went wild for this meal. She hasn’t expressed a great love for lasagna in the past, but this time it appealed to her. When Cole found out we were having lasagna, he was immediately turned off, but when I finally convinced him to at least take a bite, he didn’t mind it so much. He gave it a “so-so” rating. Bennett and Tony both actually liked it and ate it. That’s not too bad for a family of lasagna-haters.
- 1 lb Italian sausage chicken
- 1 onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 can 28 oz diced tomatoes (with liquid)
- 1 jar 700 ml pasta sauce
- 1 cup water
- 16 no-boil lasagna noodles broken up
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese or parmesan or more mozzarella, if you prefer
- In a large non-stick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until browned, then drain any fat.
- Add onion, bell pepper and garlic. Cook until softened (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add diced tomatoes, pasta sauce, water and noodles. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover the skillet and simmer for 12-15 minutes, making sure to stir occasionally so the noodles don’t stick to the bottom. Simmer until the noodles have cooked and the liquid has absorbed.
- Top with dollops of ricotta, then sprinkle with grated cheeses. Cover again for another minute or two, until the cheese has melted.