You just decrease the amount of mayonnaise in your usual deviled eggs and swap it with pumpkin puree. And, we had some season’s end okra in our garden, so the tips made perfect handles for the pumpkins. You could use any green veggie – string beans or green onions or even a piece of bell pepper.
I won’t say how many the Hubs and I ate, but let’s just say this became our dinner after the photo shoot. Just a sprinkle of chili powder on top and these babies are perfect for a fall appetizer, snack, or == ahemmmm == dinner.
Happy Fall, Y’all!
PUMPKIN DEVILED EGGS
- 6 chilled hard boiled eggs peeled
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper taste
- Tip of green beans okra or green onion pieces for stems
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise and place yolks in a small bowl. Add puree, mayonnaise and stir until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop filling into hole in egg halves, mounding on top. With a fork, create lines to look like a pumpkin.
- Add stem and sprinkle with chili powder.
More deviled egg goodness:
Sriracha Deviled Eggs, Kalyn’s Kitchen
Four ways with Deviled Eggs, Not Without Salt
Buffalo Chicken Deviled Eggs, Closet Cooking
Spicy Southwest Deviled Eggs, Taste and Tell
Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs, Closet Cooking
The Best Deviled Eggs, Curvy Carrot