I’m really excited to share this week’s paleo recipe with you. Not only because it looks incredible, but because it tastes amazing!
I used to think it was impossible to make a healthy pecan pie. It’s just filled with sugar and wheat right? It continues to surprise me how many delicious creations are possible with simple, wholesome ingredients.
Although you still don’t want to go overboard, this treat is definitely one you can enjoy from time to time without the worries. When you pull this pie out of the oven, you’ll smell the warm pecans and buttery almonds. The filling is soft and creamy, and the crust—yes the gluten free crust, made with a thin layer of almonds—adds the perfect crunch to a smooth center. Don’t just drool over the pictures, make it and see how much you’ll slobber!
Pecan pie is one of my favorite desserts, and this is the first time I’ve eaten it in 3 years! It feels amazing, let me tell you. Don’t forget to share… not only the pie, but the recipe too!
PALEO PECAN PIE
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- 1 cup Sprouted Pecans
- 4 Eggs Pastured
- 3/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 4 tbs Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt, 2 tbs of coconut oil and one egg. Mix well until your ingredients become dough.
- Spread dough evenly in a 9 inch pie pan and place in oven for 10 minutes. Your crust should have a golden tint. Don’t let it burn!
- While your crust is cooking, heat maple syrup in a medium saucepan over medium heat. As soon as your syrup starts to bubble, put the heat on low.
- While syrup is simmering, place coconut sugar and the rest of your coconut oil in a mixing bowl and mix together.
- Pour your coconut sugar into your simmering syrup. Let the mix sit for 1 minute and then whisk together. Add 3 eggs, vanilla, and sea salt and whisk.
- Pour filling mixture into the prepared pie crust and top with pecans. Cover the pie with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- The filling will rise high but will set once it cools.