So…I was getting a little creative with some over-ripe bananas I had on hand. Naturally, I thought of banana bread, but it just didn’t seem right to go with a classic banana bread seeing as it is the prime season for spices galore! With that in mind, behold – Spiced Banana Gingerbread! And prepare yourself, because it is Tasty. Yes, tasty with a capital T.
This bread has the perfect consistency of banana bread, the spiciness of gingerbread, and is sweetened with only maple syrup, molasses, and (of course) bananas!What I really love about this bread is that it makes 30 servings, so it is perfect for a crowd! It’s also easy to make, so that’s another plus. It’s pretty much the perfect banana bread for the week of Christmas – moist, tasty, and ready to feed the masses!
Spiced Banana Gingerbread
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tbsp. ground ginger
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 6 tbsp. coconut oil melted
- 3 tbsp. molasses
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp. orange juice
- 3 bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and grease and line a 9″x13″ baking pan.
- Combine the first 4 ingredients (through pumpkin pie spice) by sifting them into a large bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the maple syrup through the orange juice. This mixture will need to be at room temperature or above for the coconut oil to remain in its liquid state. You can heat it on the stove over medium heat or in the microwave in 15 second increments to get it just warm enough so the coconut oil will mix in.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and poor in the wet mixtures. Stir with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Add the mashed banana and chopped pecans and stir until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and place it in the oven to bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the bread springs back up when you lightly press on the middle and a toothpick inserted into the middle of the bread comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool for 5 minutes in the pan before you transfer it to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Slice into 30 pieces and enjoy!