Do you eat breakfast? I hope you do.
I think that eating breakfast is a really good habit. I find that eating a healthy breakfast helps control cravings throughout the day and prevent cravings because I’m not constantly having blood sugar crashes from being hungry.
I believe that every person’s body is a bit different so what works well for me may or may not work well for you, but I personally like to have a good protein source and lots of veggies in the morning. Hence, this easy veggie and egg scramble.
I was really lucky to have had the chance to get away last week and enjoy one last bit of summer at the Oregon Coast. I spent three days in Seaside enjoying the sun and waves, doing yoga on the beach, and of course, eating lots of good food.
But the best part? Eating breakfast on the porch in the sunshine… Well, that and browsing Pinterest while drinking tea out of a giant pyrex measuring cup.
One of the best parts about scrambles is that they’re quick and easy to make and they’re practically foolproof. This recipe can be easily adapted to include any veggies lying around that you need to use up. I really loved this when paired with some simple roasted sweet potatoes and fresh spinach.
What are your favorite veggies to include in scrambles?
EASY VEGGIE AND EGG SCRAMBLE
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- 6 organic free-range eggs
- ¼ cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 2 green onions diced
- ½ cup spinach chopped
- Sea salt and freshly-ground pepper
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat. Saute bell peppers for 2 – 3 minutes, until slightly softened.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs. Add egg mixture to bell peppers; stir in tomatoes, onions, and spinach. Cook until eggs are set, mixing with a spatula as needed. Add salt and pepper to taste, serve immediately.