Nothing makes me happier than one-pan dinners.
Oh well, except for, maybe cookie dough. Or long runs. Or Bruce Springsteen gigs. And let’s not forget naps – those make me super happy too.
But I think you can see my point. What’s not to love about dinners this easy that you can have ready in like 30 minutes and without making a mess out of your kitchen
Ok – if you’re anything like me, you’ll make a mess anyway. I tend to leave a path of death and destuction (aka dirty dishes, eggshells and crumbs) everywhere I go. Even if I’m just making toast for myself, you bet I’ll destroy E V E R Y T H I N G.
But you’re likely normal, I guess. That means that it shouldn’t be painful for you to make these macaroni. 30 minutes of your precious time, 1 pan and a couple of ingredients and boom, dinner is served.
A pretty delicious one, if I may say so myself. We’re talking about tender pieces of chicken and macaroni smothered in a super creamy and smoky red pepper tomato sauce. And then there’s goat cheese, which adds a salty kick and makes the thing even more delicious.
And then, yes, that’s lamb lettuce on top of the dish. I did not have any basil, so I thought it would do… But yeah, it looks dumb now, don’t mind me.
Anyway, back to the pasta. This is so darn good, guys. I’m not even a fan of pasta, but I loved this dish so much that I had it for lunch tow days in a row. It makes such mean leftovers too – bonus points for that.
Because who has time to cook everyday? Not me, for sure. I wish I did though, but most of the time I live on leftovers and oatmeal.
For the record, it’s not that mum doesn’t cook for me. She does, but I’m secretly the pickiest eater and won’t eat whatever she cooks… I mean, she doesn’t like honey, quinoa or blue cheese. How is she supposed to cook something I like that way?? So yeah, my diet consists of mostly toast, salad, sunny side up eggs, otmeals and leftovers. I had to make that clear so you didn’t think that my mum is evil or something like that.
So now you see why I get so excited whenever I discover new meals which reheat like wonders, right?
I shall leave you now, because it’s lunchtime over here and I have a lovely plate of leftover lentil soup to eat.
((And yes, I had oatmeal for breakfast and I’m having eggs + toast for dinner. I guess that’s not the exciting food a food blogger should be eating, right?))
- 300 grams roasted red peppers
- 3 cloves garlic
- 220 grams chicken breast
- 100 grams tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon spicy smoked papria
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground oregano
- 200 ml. chicken broth
- 300 grams low fat evaporated milk
- 120 grams wholegrain macaroni uncooked
- 100 grams soft goat cheese
- salt to taste
- Heat some olive oil in a pan and sautee chicken until no longer pink. Remove it from pan.
- Add minced garlic, red peppers (cut into strips), tomato paste, broth and milk and stir.
- Puree with an inmersion blender. If you don’t own one, use your food processor.
- Put chicken back into the pan and stir to cover with the sauce.
- Add uncooked macaroni and boil them in the sauce until they are completely cooked. This depends on the kind of pasta you’re using, but it should take 10-15 minutes.
- You can also make just the sauce and then stir in cooked pasta, but I made it all in one pan.
- Add crumbled goat cheese and enjoy!
Penne and macaroni work well if you’re making it all in the same pan. If you want to use a different kind of pasta, I think it’s best to boil it first!