Christmas is around the corner, and its treats are one of the most awaited goodness. Honestly, we all thrive for the morning we get around the Christmas tree and the present with one of the delicious delights of Christmas flavors in overhand.
Even we talk about Christmas candies and sweets, age is just a number. Maybe it is because of the textures and flavors we all get time to have on this particular holiday. So, keeping the Christmas holiday spirit, we have come up with quick and easy Christmas Popcorn balls.
They are crunchy, gooey, and full of Christmas flavors that explode in your mouth and bring out the absolute joy of childhood. The recipe we have is simple and requires 10 to 15 minutes of preparation, and they are ready. It is also one of the best activities that can help you involve your kids, especially when making ball shapes.
Other than that, these Christmas balls are highly customizable, so we will also discuss some add on. So why wait? Let’s make these balls.
- ¾ cup Popcorn Kernels unpopped
- 1 ½ cup Mini Marshmallows
- ½ cup Butter unsalted
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- ½ cup Mini M&Ms candy red and green colored
- ½ cup Mini White chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp Festive sprinkles
- 4 tbsp Peppermint candy crushed (Optional)
- Red and white melted chocolate
- Cupcake liners
- Start with making the popcorns without salt. You can either use the butter in pot method or a popcorn machine.
- In a non-stick pan, start melting the butter at the lowest heat possible.
- Add mini marshmallows and vanilla essence once the butter is melted and bubbly.
- Stir the butter and marshmallow mixture continuously with the help of a spatula.
- Once the marshmallows are melted, pour them over the popped popcorns.
- Add mini M&Ms, white chocolate chips, sprinkles, and peppermint candy.
- With the help of a wooden spoon, mix them.
- Now spray the hand with non-stick oil and start making the balls. Press them gently with your hands while making the balls.
- Place the balls over the cupcake liners and let them harden at room temperature.
- Drizzle the melted white and red chocolate over the balls.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Grease the bowl or sheet pan before pouring the marshmallow mixture over the popcorn.
- If the mixture is too hot, use heat-proof food gloves to make balls.
- If children are involved in the ball-making process, make sure to use heat-proof gloves for them as well.
- Heat the balls entirely before serving; otherwise, you may burn your tongue.
- Indeed, this recipe is so simple, but you can always add a flare according to your likings. Here are a few that we have tried and love:
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- ½ cup of any choice of Nut or mixed nuts
- ½ cup of your favorite Dried fruits