Cauliflower might be a notorious vegetable to make, but one thing is clear that whole roasted cauliflower is revolutionary. The smokiness from the roasting compliments the earthy taste of the cauliflower, and a delicious sauce helps make a perfect dish.
Today, we will introduce our take on roasted cauliflower with a delicious and creamy butter sauce. Honestly, it is so simple that you need a few ingredients, and the taste will make you dance in joy. The idea of having a butter-based sauce with cauliflower is more towards a dry vegetable. Whenever you cook cauliflower, heat draws out the water from it to have a dry mouthfeel. The butter sauce will add some delicious flavors to the cauliflower and help in making it incredibly flavorful. So why wait to have such a complicated yet simple dish? Let us get on with it.
Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Butter Sauce
- 1 whole Cauliflower head
- ½ cup Butter cubed
- 1 tsp Dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1 clove Garlic crushed
- 3 cups Low-sodium Chicken or Vegetable broth
- 3 cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- Black pepper coarsely grind
- Start with preheating the oven at 400-degrees F.
- Prepare a deep baking dish by buttering it.
- Now take the cauliflower, rinse it for the dust to remove, and pat it dry with the help of a clean kitchen towel or kitchen tissues.
- Place the whole cauliflower head in the prepared baking dish.
- Pour stock, cloves, bay leaves, and dried Italian seasoning.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake the cauliflower for 15 to 20 minutes until a bit tender.
- Once the cauliflower is out of the oven, reserve the stock in a pan and let the cauliflower rest on the baking pan for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, strain the stock with the help of a strainer to remove bay leaves and cloves.
- Now shimmer down the stock to about a cup on medium heat over the stove. This can take 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the butter, cube by cube, to the sauce and crank the stove’s heat to low. Whisk the butter to make a liquid into a thick sauce.
- Pour the butter sauce over the cauliflower head and bake it in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cauliflower is golden brown and crispy.
- In these 10 minutes, baste the cauliflower 4 to 5 times with the butter sauce from the same pan.
- Finally, season the cauliflower with black pepper, slice, and serve with the same sauce from the baking pan.
How to prepare Cauliflower head for Roasting
Honestly, preparing the cauliflower head for roasting is easy. All you have to do is remove the leaves from the bottom of the cauliflower. Carefully cut the thick stem while ensuring that the cauliflower head is intact. For washing, we recommend letting the cauliflower head sit in the water upside down and rinsing it under a running tap.