Cheese is love, and when is served in sopapillas, it is crazy. Cooking sopapillas is fun. You have cinnamon sugar and fried dough to create tasty magic. Honey is an interesting ingredient in this recipe and should not be missed. Once cooked, you taste, and you crave again and dare to cook every other day. It is so delicious that you will keep cooking now and then. Let’s begin with the ingredients and then a step-by-step guide on how to cook them. Preparation time is 20 min while cooking time is 40 min.
- Crescent rolls refrigerated – 2 tubes
- Cream cheese – 2 packages
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Vanilla extracts – 1 tsp
- Salted melted Butter – 4 tbsp
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
- You will need a microwave oven, so pre-heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take a baking dish and use some oil on the butter paper and put it in it.
- On the bottom of the cooking pan, layer an unrolled 1 tube of crescent rolls. Press if you are not using the dough sheets of the crescent rolls.
- Take a bowl; add cheese, sugar and vanilla extracts. Blend until smooth texture appears.
- Now spread this blended mixture on the bottom layer of crescent rolls. Spread the mixture evenly.
- Now use the 2nd tube of crescent rolls and layer on the top. Again, if you are not using dough sheets of crescent rolls, then no pressing is needed.
- Use melted butter for the drizzling toppings.
- Use sugar and cinnamon to sprinkle after melted butter.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake. Let it be uncovered for thirty to forty minutes until it appears light golden brown.
- Use dough sheets of crescent rolls instead of tubes of crescent rolls. In the case of dough sheets, things get easier and, you don’t have to press the seams together.
- To enhance the sweet flavour, use white and brown sugar along with each other.
- Try using honey, flavoured syrups or chocolate on the top.
- The remaining ingredients can be stored for a maximum of 3 days. Use air-tight containers for this.
- You can freeze the remainings as well, but when you defrost, it appears soggy.
- Do I need to refrigerate sopapilla cheesecakes before serving?
Sopapillas are crunchy from the outside and creamy from the centre. It tastes sweet. It takes 1 hr for the sopapilla to cool down. But in both hot and cold forms, it tastes yummy. You may refrigerate it in the fridge and then bring it to 37 degrees celsius before serving.
- What type of chocolate I should use in the recipe?
Well, it’s is upto you. Dark chocolate is recommended. You may try white chocolate or melted dairy milk chocolate or any other chocolate you prefer. You can try any fusion. It all depends on your taste and preferences.
Sopapilla cheesecakes are yummy additions to dinner menu. Cake is not only the traditional birthday cake and; the term ‘cake’ actually means layers. Make as many layers as much you want if you can handle the taste balance. Comment us below how your prepared and what recipe hacks you tried.