Banana cream cheesecake is one of the favorite desserts enjoyed, especially on holidays, summer dinner, and of course for celebration. No doubt, the sweetness of the banana and creaminess of the cream cheese just create a bite of indulgence, and with the caramelized bananas on the top, it is indeed a cherry on top.
Thus, we are going to share a perfect recipe for this delicious, sweet Banana Cream Cheesecake with a caramelized banana topping that is a must-to-try. We have also shared a few recipe notes to help you make them perfect every time.
Banana Cream Cheesecake
- 10 sheets of Graham Cracker or 1 ½ cups Graham Cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 6 tbsp Unsalted Butter melted
- 3 to 4 Firm Banana sliced into ½ inch thickness
- 1 cup Cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 1 cup whipping topping or cream
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 ½ cups 2% milk cold
- 3 tbsp Condense Milk
- 3 tbsp Instant Banana cream pudding
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- 4 tbsp Light Brown sugar
- 2 Firm Banana sliced into ½ inch thickness
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon powder
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter at room temperature
- 2 sheets of Graham Cracker or ¼ cup Graham Cracker crumbs
- If you have graham crackers, start by crushing them. Put them in a zip-lock bag and crush them with the help of a rolling pin.
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees F.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter in a medium mixing bowl.
- Fold them until well combined.
- Now take an 8 to 9 inches spring form pan, grease it with cooking spray or butter.
- Add the crumbs to the prepared pan and press them down with the help of the back of a spoon.
- Bake the crumb base for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Let the base cool at room temperature for 15 minutes at least.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the cream cheese and sugar until well combined.
- Add whipping topping or cream to the cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- Now pour in the vanilla, condense milk, 2% milk, and instant Banana cream pudding. Fold them until combined.
- Note: If the cream cheese mixture is thinning, put it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before using.
- Start building up the cheesecake by placing the bananas over the base. Make sure to cover the base with bananas.
- Pour about 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture over the bananas and flatten it out.
- Again, place the banana over the cream cheese mixture, do not press them down.
- Pour 1/3 of cream cheese over it.
- Repeat until placing banana and pour cream cheese layer over for the third time.
- Lastly, cover the cake with the crumbs of 2 sheets of graham cracker from toppings.
- Now place the cake in the refrigerator for at least 1 to 2 hours or a maximum of 8 hours.
- In a pan, melt down the butter at low heat.
- Add light brown sugar to the butter and let it simmer on the lowest heat.
- Add cinnamon and bananas to the melted sugar and let it bubble and caramelize for a minute. Also, pour the sugar mixture over the bananas from the same pan to cook them evenly.
Now serve the rested Banana cream cheesecake with the topping of warm caramelized bananas, and enjoy!