Whenever we think about the Banana cream pie, the first thing that comes to mind is the long process of pie-making. Most people may also avoid making it at home because of tiny details in baking pie recipes. But we have developed a recipe that will help you make and enjoy this delicious pie without baking it. Yes, we have one of the easiest and almost quick No-bake Banana Cream pie recipes that will make your heart sing with the banana and creamy goodness.
This recipe is simple and needs a few ingredients easily available at home or in markets. Moreover, we have a few substitution ideas to make the pie readily available for you. So why wait? Let us make the best and easy No-bake Banana Cream pie!
Easy No-Bake Banana Cream Pie
- 25 Vanilla cookies of choice or Nila Wafers
- 5 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups Banana Cream pudding
- Milk according to pudding pack instruction
- 1 cup Whipped cream
- ½ cup Condensed milk
- 1 ½ cup Whipped cream
- 2 Firm Bananas sliced
- 2 to 3 tbsp Caramel sauce
- 2 to 3 tbsp Cookie or Wafer crumbs
- Start with crushing the vanilla cookies or Nila wafers. Place them in a zip-lock bag and crush them with the help of a rolling pin.
- Add crumbled cookies, butter, and sugar to a medium mixing bowl.
- Fold them together until well combined.
- Now prepare an 8-inches spring foam pan or casserole dish by spraying the cooking oil over them.
- Add the prepared crumbs to the pan. Press it down and on the sides firmly and into a thin layer.
- Let it refrigerate until we start preparing the filling.
- Prepare the Banana cream pudding according to the packet instruction.
- Whisk the pudding, condensed milk, and whipped cream at low speed in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the mixture over the wafer crust and flatten it out with the help of the back of the spoon.
- Refrigerate the pie for 1 to 2 hours and 4 hours for maximum time.
- Midway through the refrigerating, pour the whipped cream over the pie. Spread and flatten it out with the help of the back of the spoon.
- Cover the surface with banana slices.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce over the bananas and sprinkle the wafer crumbs over it.
- Continue refrigerating the Banana cream pie.
- Serve cold and enjoy!
Here are the few substitution ideas that will help you make the Banana cream pie with your flare:
- Replace the wafer crust with the pre-made pie crust. It will add a flaky texture but an extra step of baking. But it is worth it.
- Replace wafer crust with Graham cracker crust but add a little more sugar.
- You can use Vanilla custard too instead of Banana pudding. But don’t forget to add the sliced bananas through the layers for banana goodness.