The orange cream fruit salad is perfect for almost every gathering. From summers’ BBQ parties to community gatherings on Labors‘ Day or the 4th of July, it is a delicious and summery salad to have and enjoy on a sunny day. You can even have it in winter as a sweet treat and in the memories of a sunny day of summer.
Therefore, we have this perfect recipe full of fruity freshness, sweetness, and tartness that you will love. We have also added a list of ingredient variations and tips to make it according to your taste and preferences. Share it with your friends and family, and enjoy!
Orange Cream Fruit Salad
- 1 packet Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 1 1/3 cup milk cold
- 1/3 cup Orange Juice concentrated
- 1 cup Cool whip or Cool whipping cream
- 1 cup Mandarin Orange cubed
- 1 1/3 cup Pineapple crushed
- 1 1/3 cup Peached sliced
- 2 firm bananas sliced
- ½ cup Apple chopped
- Mix milk, orange juice, and vanilla pudding in a mixing bowl. If the mixture is too thick, gradually add 1/3 cup milk.
- Add Mandarin oranges, pineapple, peaches, and apple to the pudding mix. Fold well to get the fruits coated in the pudding mixture.
- Add the cool whip and gently fold until well combined.
- Now refrigerate the salad for 2 hours, at least overnight.
- Before serving, fold in the banana slices to avoid a mushy texture.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Serve cold and enjoy!
Variations and Substitutions:
The recipe is straightforward and almost complete, but there is always room for adding your flare to the orange cream salad. Here is a list of a few things we have tried adding, and we loved it:
- Nuts: Sliced almond, cashew, or pistachio are delicious in an orange cream salad. It adds a nutty flavor and crunchy texture to the salad, which is divine.
- Berries: Whether it is strawberry or blueberries, they add more tartness and sweetness to the salad. If you add strawberries, you will feel the extra element of crunch in the salad that is so perfect.
- Kiwi: We love kiwi in the orange cream salad because it adds color and crunchiness to the seeds.
- Add sour cream or Greek yogurt for extra creaminess when folding in the cool whip.
Tips for making perfect Orange Cream Salad:
Here are a few tips to make an orange cream salad without mushy texture from the fruits:
- Add the soft fruits like banana and strawberries before serving
- Make sure that the milk is cold while mixing with the vanilla pudding. The hot milk or room temperature milk on a summer’s day can make the consistency of the pudding thin. You can always refrigerate it to thicken, but that may feel jello-like later in the long refrigerating process.
- If you feel that the orange cream salad is too tart for serving, feel free to add a dollop of cool whip or a tablespoon of condensed milk. The sugar will make the mixture thin, so condensed milk is perfect for maintaining the creaminess of the salad.