Summers are hot and you love cold desserts. Let’s talk about a fluffy, creamy and super delicious dessert in this recipe blog. This recipe is so appealing and lemon filled toppings are mouth-watering. This is an old traditional recipe that we all have been eating in grandma’s house. Preparation time is 10 minutes and cooking time is 35 minutes. It takes 6 hours and 45 minutes to chill the pie. You will prepare 6 to 8 slices. It is an American cuisine dessert.
Ingredients for making the pie
- Egg yolks – 2
- Egg – 1 large size
- Sweetened condensed milk – 2 cans 14 ounces
- Lemon Juice – 1 cup fresh
- Graham cracker crust – 1 if you are using homemade, then first cool it for 10 minutes
Ingredients for toppings
- Sour cream – 1 ½ cup
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
Bake the Pie
- You will need to bake the pie so first set the oven to preheat (350 degrees Fahrenheit). The microwave rack should be set in the middle section.
- Take a large bowl and add egg yolks and full egg. Use an electric heater or hand beater to whisk the eggs together. Once the eggs are whisked and combined well, add condensed milk and blend well. When condensed milk and eggs are blended well, add lemon juice and blend again.
- Pour this mixture into the baking pan.
- Put this pan in the centre of the oven and bake it. Baking time.is twenty-five minutes. Or bake at least until the outside edges are set and the centre is fluffy. Put this pie now in the centre and let it cool to room temperature. After it is cooled down, put this in the refrigerator. Refrigeration time is 6 hours overnight.
Make Toppings of the pie
- It’s time to make toppings. Take a bowl and add sour cream, sugar and vanilla extracts. Stir well until all ingredients are blended well.
- Baking the Pie along with toppings
- One to two hours before you serve, preheat the microwave oven (350 degrees Fahrenheit). Again, set the rack in the centre.
- Using a spatula, evenly spread the toppings then put the pie in the oven. It will take 10 min for the sour cream to settle.
- Take out the pie, cool it down and then refrigerate it. It will take 45 minutes of refrigeration before serving.
- Prepare the pie a day before the guests are arriving. It will help you save time on dinner time.
- For the toppings, you can try other options like rosemary extracts and coconut flakes. You can decorate your apple pie with whipped cream as well.
Bake lemon icebox pie and serve your family. This lemon icebox pie is the best addition to the dessert menu. It takes time in baking and refrigerating but it pays off your hard work in the kitchen. Enjoy lemon pie slices and comment on how you found each pie slice. Share your stories of the journey of baking lemon icebox pie in the home and let others feel confident.