Mashed potatoes are on the menu chart for the dinner and you don’t know what to do with the extra leftover mashed potatoes. This recipe for “Mashed Potatoes In Muffin Pan” will help you use up the extra mashed potatoes in a delicious way.
When you add crispy bacon pieces along with cheddar cheese in the mashed potatoes, the final product will provide unforgettable pleasure to your taste buds. You may prepare mashed potatoes in a muffin tin as snacks for tea time. It will take 10 minutes to prepare and 45 minutes for cooking. Scroll down further to read the list of ingredients and recipe instructions.
- Peel off the potato skin and cut it into 2 halves. Take a pan and put it on flame. Add water and potatoes. Boil the potatoes until they get soft.
- Drain potatoes from the boiling water and mash them with melted butter. It’s time to add other ingredients to the mashed potatoes. Add cooked bacon, cheese and green onion. You can add other ingredients as well from the kitchen like fresh coriander, etc.
- Take a muffin tin, and apply some oil. You can use melted butter or olive oil for greasing the surface.
- Bake the mixture at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. It will take 15 minutes to bake these mashed potatoes. At least bake the mashed potatoes unless they turn crispy or golden.
- If you like to count on the same thickness, then remove the extra by taking a scoop off the tin and levelling it off.
- The mashed potatoes you will bake will differ in thicknesses. If your mashed potato muffins appear thick, then add an egg to the mixture to improve its consistency.
- If on baking, the top doesn’t turn brown, then consider broiling for several minutes or unless they turn brown.
Mashed potatoes have always been a favourite for a family meal. However, it is not easy to make mashed potatoes, especially with a big family. In this article, we shared a simple recipe to make mashed potatoes in a muffin tin.
Hurry up to the kitchen to check for the availability of the ingredients. If any of them are missing, shop them. The good thing about this recipe is that it won’t take much of your time in the kitchen. It will take 10 min to prepare and the rest is the job of the oven. While mashed potatoes are being baked, you will have time to prepare tea or juices.
Comment below on how you served your baked muffins. Have you tried serving with hot sauce? Or do you choose tomato ketchup? It also tastes good with garlic sauce.