Making baked meatballs has become so easy with a baking method. It literally takes no extra effort, and they still are super saucy. Therefore, we have a perfect recipe for making the meatballs in the oven and making a simple and quick sauce on the stovetop. So why wait for the delicious and juiciest easy baked meatballs you have ever made. Let us make them now, then!
- 2/3 pound Ground Beef Lean
- 2/3 pound Italian Sausage torn without casting
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1/4 cup Onion grated and drained
- 1 Egg
- ¼ cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Whole Milk
- 1 tsp Dried Italian Herb seasoning
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tbsp basil freshly chopped
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp Mustard powder
- ½ tsp Black pepper freshly ground
- Kosher salt to taste
- Preheat the oven at 400-degree F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the ingredients for the meatballs, i.e., ground beef, sausage, onion, garlic, panko, egg, milk, herb seasoning, parmesan, basil, paprika, mustard powder, salt, and pepper.
- Once mixed well, roll out the meatballs around 1-inch to 1 ¼ inch balls. That batter will make around 20 to 15 meatballs.
- Grease the baking pan with 1 tbsp of butter and place the meatballs on the pan.
- Let them bake for 15 to 20 minutes until cooked and browned.
- Once cooked, let them rest and sit ahead.
- Add the remaining 2 tbsp of butter to the Dutch oven and let it heat on medium heat.
- Once the butter is foamy, sauté onions until translucent.
- Now, add garlic and cook for a minute until fragrant.
- Pour in the chicken stock, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, and mix.
- Season with Italian herb seasoning and pepper.
- Once the sauce starts to shimmer, let it cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let the sauce thicken, and it is more like coating consistency.
- Drop the meatballs in the sauce and cook them for 5 minutes until sauce coats the meatballs.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Serving Ideas for baked meatballs
These saucy meatballs are delicious on their own, but you can always serve it as a complete meal by pairing it with different elements. Here is a list of a few sides we love to serve these meatballs with:
- Rice: From plain rice to fried rice, these meatballs and tomato sauce are perfect for enjoying with them.
- Spaghetti or pasta: You can say it will be a shortcut for the spaghetti meatballs. If not, you can also serve it over plain salted pasta. It will still be delicious.
- Meatballs with a side of roasted vegetables and mashed potatoes. This might be a unique combination, but it is so delicious to try.