Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken is more like a fusion of Asian flavors with the delicious crispy pan-seared chicken that we all love. This take on honey garlic chicken is so special for us because it is sweet yet savory with a gentle punch of garlic, along with the crunch of batter over the chicken.
There are so many textures and flavors within this dish that you will fall in love with, and surprisingly, it just takes no more than 35 minutes of your time. Indeed, it is quick yet so complex that it will become the star of your dinner table. So let us unravel the recipe and make this delicious chicken now. Cheers!
Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken
For Crispy Chicken
- 3 Chicken Breast skinless and boneless
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Mustard Powder
- ½ tsp Chili Flakes
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- ¼ tsp White pepper freshly crushed
- ¼ tsp Black pepper freshly crushed
- 4 to 6 tbsp Oil any vegetable oil
For Honey Garlic Sauce
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 2/3 cup Honey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 1/3 tbsp Corn starch
- 3 to 4 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seed optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start with cutting the chicken breast in the butterfly style but cut it all the way through to make six pieces out of 3 chicken breasts.
- Pound them roughly to ½ to ¼ inch and set them aside.
- Now take a deep dish and add flour, cayenne pepper, paprika, mustard powder, chili flakes, garlic powder, white pepper, black pepper, and salt. Mix them well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs with 1 tbsp of cold water.
- Now dredge the chicken in the eggs first and then in flour. Coat the chicken well with flour.
- Repeat with all chicken pieces and set them aside.
- Now in a skillet, heat the vegetable on medium heat.
- Drop in the prepped chicken in the vegetable and fry them for 4 to 5 minutes, and flip.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes on the other side or until crispy and well cooked.
- Fry all the chicken and set them aside on a cooling rack to keep them crispy.
- Now is a saucepan; pour olive oil and heat it on low heat.
- Add in minced garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add honey and soy sauce.
- Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer and season with salt and pepper.
- Now dissolve corn starch in water in a separate bowl.
- Add the corn starch mixture to the saucepan and mix.
- Let the sauce simmer until it thickens.
- Now, pour the sauce in a bowl along with the crispy chicken. Toss the chicken well with the honey garlic sauce and the sesame seed if you like.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!