If you love layered desserts then this is going to be your favorite. A rich pecan layers pumpkin delight dessert that has so many different flavors. You will love making this for your friends and family. It could be for special events like birthdays, Halloween, Christmas, or Thanksgiving. The pecan layer, cream cheese, pumpkin layer, and pudding will make your tastebuds experience paradise.
It seems easy to make but they require hours to make and mostly it is the cooling time. You have to put it in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours before you serve it to your family or guests. It is not a pie but a layered dessert that everyone will love. You can add some toppings based on your likings as well.
Four important layers:
- The first one we have is the buttery pecan layer that is highly important as it gives a special taste to the dish.
- Whipped cream cheese can be made in a bowl by adding, cream, cheese, and granulated sugar and letting it cool. For better taste, some people also add whipping cream to it.
- The pumpkin layer has a little pumpkin spice and a lot of whipped topping.
- The upper one is the creamy whipped topping that should be extra chilled.
PUMPKIN DELIGHT RECIPE
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup butter that should be soft
- ¾ cup pecans that you can chop nicely
- Cream cheese 8 oz
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 and a half cups of milk
- 3 packs of white chocolate pudding
- 1 can of pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- Whipped cream
- Layer 1: Mix the pecans that are chopped with flour and butter. Take a pan that could be of your choice but I suggest a 9×9 pan. Spray oil so the mixture does not stick to it. Bake it for 15 minutes at 350 degrees and let it cool.
- Layer 2: In a bowl add the cream cheese, sugar, 1 cup of whipped cream, and blend it with a beater. Let it cool and add it to the top of the crusty pecan layer.
- Layer 3: Mix milk. Pudding mix, canned pumpkin, and the spice and heat it on high flame. Now, turn down the flame and add whipped cream topping to smooth it out. Let it cool and then spread it over layer 2.
- Layer 4: Use the remaining whipped cream and add the pecans to it. Add it as the 4th layer.
Now, here you have the choice of adding anything over these like white chocolate chips, some chocolate syrup maybe. It depends on what kind of flavors you like. The above one is the traditional recipe that people use for making this delightful treat.