Creamy Cucumber Salad is a fresh and perfect salad to eat for summers. Cucumbers are the classic vegetable for summer, and making a salad out of it is just genius. But not just the freshness and snappy texture of cucumber are what we love about this salad. It is the creamy dressing also that makes your mouth feel the freshness.
The salad is so easy with the creamy dressing made from sour cream, dill, and a few other readily available condiments. Honestly, it is perfect for any BBQ party and lunch in the summer. There is something so satisfying about a creamy cucumber salad that we absolutely love it; therefore, we have this recipe for you to try. It is easy and quick to make. So, no intros anymore.
Tips for making the Perfect Creamy Cucumber salad
Here are a few tips to make the salad perfectly fresh tasting and the dressing consistency thick and creamy:
- If you are making the salad ahead of time, then we recommend making the dressing ahead and keeping it refrigerated. This will make the dressing creamy and perfect for serving.
- Do keep in mind, always cut the cucumbers and onions fresh. You can store the dressing for long hours, but cutting the vegetables ahead of time will make them soft and soggy. It will also give out a slight smell of onions if you rest for long.
- Avoid adding salt anytime before serving. Salt can draw out water from both cucumbers and the onion. They will make the dressing thin like liquid. It will also make you lose the crunch of the vegetables too. So always use salt when serving.
- If you feel that the fresh garlic gives out a deep burning garlicky taste, you can swap it with garlic powder. For the same recipe, we will recommend adding ½ to 1 tsp garlic powder depending on how much you like the flavour of garlic but not the smell and burning taste.
- You can also use Greek yoghurt instead of sour cream for the salad. It works perfectly fine, and it gives you a little loose consistency if the dressing is too thick for you.
Creamy Cucumber Salad
- 2 cups English cucumber halved and sliced
- 2/3 cup Red Onion thinly sliced
- ½ tsp Garlic minced
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream chilled
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise chilled
- ½ tbsp White Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dill freshly chopped
- ½ tsp Sugar granulated
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of black pepper
- In a medium bowl, toss together cucumber and red onions.
- Mix sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, white vinegar, dill, black pepper, and sugar in a separate bowl. Avoid mixing vigorously or beating the mixture; otherwise, it will become thin inconsistency.
- Now pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss them well until vegetables are coated.
- Refrigerate the salad for at least 40 minutes to 3 hours maximum.
- Before serving, taste and add salt to taste.
- Serving chilled and enjoy!