When you are craving dessert and do not want to bake something, no bake coconut cream pie could be your ultimate choice. It contains the rich taste of coconut that you will fall in love with. Moreover, the crusts will spoil your tastebuds. You don’t need the oven for it as you can just make the layers and chill them in the fridge or freezer. The crusts are the important part so we will be sharing the tips for making the perfect dessert.
Coconut pudding is easy to prepare and it is something that we all crave. Moreover, the oreo crust with whipped cream on the top is like Christmas in the mouth.
Important layers of the No bake coconut cream pie:
We will be making the golden oreo cookie crust, coconut pudding that should have bits of coconut as well. The third layer is the whipped cream that comes on top. You can add either Oreo Cookie chunks or coconut or add both on the cream. The filling should be thick and creamy to enhance the flavor.
Can we use coconut milk?
Yes, you can but it is not recommended as the perfect substitute for this recipe. If you want to enhance the flavor of the coconuts, then add a drop or two of coconut extract to the milk.
How to make sure the dessert does not go watery?
When it is in the fridge, it is common that they get watery. So, if you are making it in the daytime and want to serve it at night to guests or family, then don’t add the whipped cream. Cool both in different bowls and when you are serving add the whipped cream and toppings then.
What if my pie doesn’t set up?
It could happen if you are not using the right quantity of the pudding box. You have to use 2 boxes that could be 3.4 ounces. Moreover, it is preferred that you use cow milk for the pudding. If you are using non-dairy milk, the pudding won’t set. It is important to follow the instructions if you want to make the layers perfectly.
No Bake Coconut Cream Pie
- You need the Golden oreo crust Graham cracker or use shortbread which you can easily get from the store.
- 2 boxes of instant coconut pudding mix
- 3 and a half cup milk
- 2 cups of shredded sweet coconut
- 1-2 cups of whipped cream
- 1 cup toasted coconut or oreo chunks for topping
- Let your pie crust cool when you are making your filling. In this case, your pie crust is the Golden oreo crust graham cracker.
- Now, add the pudding mix to a large bowl and add the milk. Stir it until there are no bubbles in it. Now, add the shredded coconut put it over the crust, and let it chill.
- Now, add the whipped cream and roasted coconut or oreo chunks on the top of it. Chill it for at least 2 to 3 hours before serving it.