Chocolate cakes are the most sold cakes everywhere. It is not possible to say NO to chocolates. Chocolate cakes let you enjoy the relaxing taste of cocoas. One piece of chocolate cake would be enough to keep you energetic throughout the day. It is American cuisine and is served as a dessert.
Let’s embark into the realm of baking by making the famous chocolate sheet cake of the Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond. This cake is a chocolate lovers dream and is easy to make for a novice baker. You will go step by step on how to make this cake.
The preparation time is twenty minutes and the cooking time is also twenty minutes. So, it takes 40 minutes on the whole.
Pioneer Woman’s Chocolate Sheet Cake
- Flour – 2 cups
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Cocoa – 4 tbsp
- Butter – 2 sticks
- Boiling Water – 1 cup
- Beaten Eggs – 2
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Vanilla – 1 tsp
- Pecans chopped – ½ cup
- Butter – 1 ¾ stick
- Coca heaping – 4 tbsp
- Milk – 6 tbsp
- Vanilla – 1 tsp
- Powdered sugar – 1 pound minus ½ cup
- Take a bowl, add flour, sugar and salt. Mix all the ingredients well. Keep it aside.
- Take a saucepan and add butter. Heat it to melt the butter. Now add in cocoa. Keep stirring for a few seconds until all mixed well.
- In the melted butter and cocoa, add boiling water. Let it boil again along with the mixture for half a minute and then turn off the heat.
- Now add in the mixture of flour, salt and sugar that you prepared before. Stir for a while and then let it cool.
- Take another separate bowl and add in buttermilk, beaten eggs, vanilla extract and baking soda.
- Add this prepared mixture to the butter/Chocolate mix.
- Take a cake pan and pour this mixture into it.
- Bake it for twenty minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Utilize the time while the cake is being baked, you can prepare the icing.
- Chop the toasted pecans.
- In a separate saucepan, add butter and melt it. Now, add cocoa, mix well and turn the flame off. Now in this mixture, add milk, vanilla extract and sugar. Mix all the ingredients well.
- In this mixture, add pecans and mix again.
- Take out the cake from the oven and then pour the pecans prepared toppings on the top layer of the cake.
- Cut the pieces as desired and serve.
You will get 214 kcal calories, 10 grams of fat, 108 grams of sodium, 33 gram of potassium, 30 gram of carbs, and 1.6 grams of protein per each serving.
There is nothing like a slice of cake. And at times, it can also be the most appetizing thing in the world. Let’s bake yours and enjoy chocolate sheet cake. Share in the comments that how you prepared and how much you were complimented.