You are so going to love this cheesy chicken and spinach pasta bake. It is filled with onion, pasta, spinach, and a yummy delicious creamy sauce that has an aroma of garlic. Top it with mozzarella cheese and you have one of the best casserole ready in no time. This is going to be the biggest hit of your house and everyone will love it. You can make it ahead of time and refrigerate to have a proper meal ready for the week. Moreover, it is perfect for potluck dinners and special occasions.
It is one of the favorite types of baked pasta that you won’t get enough of. You can make it for dinner or your date night with some wine. It tastes incredible and you won’t believe how easy it is to make. Have some guests over? This could be the perfect dish for your friends and relatives. Make some sides with it that can complement this dish and you will have a memorable time. You will be making it again and add some custom veggies and species if you like.
Chicken and spinach pasta bake
- 8 oz rigatoni
- Onion flakes 3 tbsp
- 1 pack of frozen chopped spinach
- 3 cups of small chicken chunks
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- Chive and onion cream cheese 1 can
- Half tbsp of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Now grease a pan and put it aside.
- Cook the rigatoni based on the instructions on the back of the packet.
- Now drain the spinach from the can and dry it with paper towels.
- Take a bowl and add all the ingredients and mix it well.
- Add the mixture into the greased pan and sprinkle some of the mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake it by covering it with foil for 35-50 minutes.
Notes for the recipe:
- You cannot miss the chive and onion cream cheese as it is the main ingredient. It is important to add to the pasta to make it super rich in flavors.
- You can also use rotisserie chicken and any other leftovers you have in the recipe.
- It is important to drain the spinach from cans to make sure there is no liquid left. The spinach should be dried with a paper towel.
- You can make it before time like overnight and it will taste the same.
- You can also freeze the unbaked mixture and bake it later to create a yummy meal in minutes. Like, if you are home from a tough day, you don’t want to spend your time in the kitchen. Just add some in the oven and yummy homemade food is ready for you.
What to serve with Chicken and spinach pasta bake:
You can add a lot of sides like Italiano pasta, Parmesan bread, chicken and cheese breadsticks, hand-tossed salad, and some roasted asparagus. If you have kids at home make some homemade fries and wedges for them as well. You can serve it hot to your friends and family with some wine as well. It could be perfect for date night with some candles.