Caramelized chicken wings have always been a go-to recipe. It is super easy to make and does not require a lot of ingredients. Moreover, it is the best side dish for your lunch, dinner, and every party. Chicken wings have been quite famous for a very long time. There are so many types, sauces that you can try with it, and the spices. Like, the lemon herb wings and BBQ wings have been popular choices at my home. But we cannot say no to the caramelized chicken wings that taste too good.
The best part is that they are a quick snack. If there is a game or you are watching a movie, it could be the perfect appetizer. You can make some dips with it or eat it plain enjoying its own caramelized sauce. Now here the question is whether you should make it in the oven or a pan. You can use both methods the way you like. You can even make these in an air-fryer. We wouldn’t recommend you to fry because there is not much sauce left and they become crispy. For crispy wings, there is no method better than frying. But when it comes to caramelized chicken wings, you should simmer it in its sauce.
Caramelized Chicken Wings
- 12 chicken wings The tips should be removed
- Half cup of water
- ½ cup of sugar
- Chopped garlic 1 tbsp
- 1 tbsp of sesame seeds You can add more to taste
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 4 tbsp of soya sauce
- 2 tbsp of peanut butter
- Take a skillet and put it on a medium flame.
- Add all the ingredients except for the wings and cook on a high flame.
- Cook till the sugar is dissolved. Add the chicken wings into it and let it simmer on low flame for 30 minutes. Cover the skillet as well.
- After that cook it for 30 more minutes without covering it. With a spoon add the sauce to the wings. It will help in making them more tender and juicier.
You can even make it as a snack for kids. It is healthy and a yummy protein that they will eat at once. You can serve it with some home-made fries as lunch too.
Making in oven procedure:
- Preheat the oven at 375 degrees.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix it well. In a greased pan with butter, paper add the wings. Top it with the sauce and do your seasoning with sesame seeds or anything you like.
- Cook the wings for 45 minutes to 1 hour in the oven until you see that sauce is caramelized. Take it out on a serving plate and garnish it with parsley or green onion.
- You can serve it with any dip you like or otherwise cherish the yummy taste of this dish.