Looking for the perfect recipe for Thanksgiving? Maybe even on Sunday when you just want to relax with your family. Chicken and dressing casserole is a famous recipe that you are going to love. There is no need to stand in the kitchen for hours making this dish. You need some ingredients and just put them in the oven to bake. It is that easy and I do like to add the cheese and any other toppings that could just enhance the flavor.
For family dinner and having friends over, I usually prep it before time to avoid working in the kitchen. I serve it with cranberry sauce that surely enhances the yummy flavor of this casserole. Moreover, add your favorite veggies on the site that you would like to eat. I have been saying over and over again casserole is comfort food and you should add it to your weekly menu. It is affordable and no matter what is the weather, you can make it. In just 30 minutes, you can make it and serve it hot to your family.
Why you need to try this recipe of chicken and dressing casserole:
If you are trying out new recipes for casseroles then this is the one you will love. It is an easy chicken casserole recipe that you can double, triple, and make for many people. This dish is going to be helpful if you have a large feast at home. Moreover, for beginner cooking, you will be successful in making this dish. This one is a straightforward recipe rather than trying out complex recipes of casserole first.
You might have most of the ingredients at home and make this meal with so many different flavors. It will take around 30 minutes of your time you have something great to eat home.
CHICKEN AND DRESSING CASSEROLE
- Half kg of boneless breast pieces
- Water 2 and a half cups
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tbsp of butter
- Cornbread stuffing 1 pack
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a baking dish. Add the water to a pot on high flame. Add the chicken, salt, and pepper. Cook the chicken for 20 minutes.
- Remove the broth from the chicken and keep it aside. Cut it into small pieces now.
- Mix the can of soup with one and a half cups of broth.
- Mix the butter with the stuffing in another bowl.
- First, add the stuffing at the bottom layer, and then add some chicken. Again, add the stuffing, the remaining chicken and the broth mixed with the soup.
- Bake it for 30 minutes and if you like you can add some cheese on the top as well.
- It is ready to serve hot and fresh to the table.
You can also make this ahead and freeze it for 3 months. You can just add the mixture to the Ziplock bag and bake it whenever you want. Moreover, it won’t be difficult for you to make it fresh as well because it is so simple. Hopefully, everyone will love it and won’t stop talking about it.