The rotisserie chicken leftovers are always the best to put in different recipes. If you have some of the leftovers from an amazing dinner, then save it as we will be making a yummy casserole out of it. I love this recipe because casseroles are always comforting and for me, easy recipes are a great hit. Just like you, I am also fond of such recipes that are easy, quick, and help me put hot and delicious food on the table for my family.
This quick-prepared food has a delicious flavor and you are going to love the way it tastes. You can add any veggies you like or even add beef to it to try out different flavors. It will take 30-35 minutes and could be the perfect choice for your weekend dinner. Moreover, if you have a date night or celebrate an anniversary, there is no need to take out or go to restaurants. The cozy and romantic dinner setting at home is the perfect way to celebrate.
If you have kids at home, then this will be the perfect recipe for you. You can add even red pepper flakes for extra spicy food.
Can I add any vegetables to this recipe?
Yes, of course, you can. This is a dish that can be prepared with anything. You can add some pasta, maybe mushrooms, corn, broccoli, and anything you like. Pick out your favorite vegetables and enjoy the best of this recipe.
Rotisserie Chicken with Stuffing Casserole
- Leftovers or rotisserie chicken shredded
- Water 1 and a half cup
- Butter 3 tbsp
- Quick stuffing mix 1 packet
- Onion 1 chopped
- 1 tbsp celery diced
- Cream of chicken soup can
- Cream of mushroom soup can
- Sour cream 1 cup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a baking dish for your casserole.
- Take a saucepan and add the water, 2 tbsp butter, and stuffing mix. Heat it until all ingredients mix.
- Remove the pan from heat and cover it so the water is absorbed by the stuffing. Mix it at this time with a fork for better consistency.
- Take a skillet now and add the remaining butter. Add the onion and celery, cook it for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the sour cream, to the other cans and heat it on high flame until you have a smooth mixture.
- Now on the baking pan, add the chicken and cover the bottom. Top it with the mixture you just prepared. Add salt and pepper to taste on the top of the mixture. Add the stuffing on the top and cook it in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes.
You can even add some cheese on the casserole like mozzarella and cheddar that tastes too good. Just like the other casseroles, you cannot go wrong with the cheese on top. Add when your casserole is ready and then add the cheese on the top cook it for 5-10 minutes. It is ready to eat and serve hot and fresh to your family and friends. Hope you like it and have a wonderful time eating it.