Chicken tenders recipes are already trendy around the world. Instead of just ordering or going to a restaurant, you can easily make this delicious treat at home. There are many variations and ways to make this juicy and crunchy chicken tenders. Undoubtedly, it is easy to make, and you can enjoy it as a proper meal with pasta, fries, wedges, or any salad. I usually like mine a little spicy with some side sauce or dressing that can enhance the flavors.
You can try it with fresh tomato marinara sauce, alfredo, ranch dressing, and even Moroccan sauce. I have been making it with so many variations now, but every time it comes out to be just perfect. Today, I will share my holy grail recipe for making crispy parmesan chicken tenders in an air fryer. It takes a few minutes of cooking, and there you have it, ready to serve. For your busy routine, it could be the ideal choice. You can freeze a large batch and then make it whenever you like.
Why make crispy parmesan Air Fryer Chicken Tenders?
It is so simple, and I think it is an important factor in recipes that makes them so special. You just need a few ingredients that might be in your kitchen already. You can make this dish in 15-20 minutes with many versatile options. You can add this chicken to your sliders and sandwiches, make some casserole and even serve it with pasta. No matter what you do, you can never go wrong with this recipe.
Notes for crispy parmesan Air Fryer Chicken Tenders:
- You can get the chicken tenders already cut pieces from your nearby store or ask them to cut the chicken into strips that should be of the same thickness and length.
- I am going to grate fresh parmesan in this recipe, but you can also use the readymade ones at the store.
- I am using panko breadcrumbs because they are light, and I think they are crispier. If you have regular breadcrumbs, you should use them.
- I am using Italian seasoning in the recipe, but feel free to use any type of spices you like. I add paprika, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, and hot mustard whenever I crave spicy chicken tenders to get the best flavors.
- You can also use any type of oil spray, especially when it comes to the air fryer. The use of oil is entirely your choice.
- Chicken tender boneless half kg
- Flour half cup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Panko breadcrumbs 1 cup
- Paprika half teaspoon
- Olive oil or butter 7 tbsp (If you are using the butter, then make sure it is melted)
- Dried basil 1 tsp
- Parmesan cheese half cup grated
- Garlic 2 cloves minced
- You will start by preparing three bowls. In the first one, add flour, salt, and pepper. Mix it well and set it aside. For the second, add the butter or oil and the garlic. Lastly, we will make the breadcrumbs mixture with basil, panko, paprika, and parmesan. Mix it well and keep the three bowls on your counter near a tray.
- Make sure that your chicken tenders are clean. You can remove any moisture by using a paper towel.
- Take a chicken piece and coat it with the flour mixture, garlic butter, and panko breadcrumbs mixture. Follow the same sequence for every chicken tender.
- Put it in the air fryer and bake it at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Get them out in the serving tray and serve them with any of your favorite sauce, side wedges, or fries.