For lunch, I always rely on different recipes for salads. They are perfect for potlucks, feasts, and BBQs. You can serve it with anything you like. For example, grilled chicken, steak, pork belly, and anything that you are cooking. For as long as I can remember, I have tried so many recipes and made variations myself for the perfect salad. It is not only about eating healthy but enjoying your food as well.
I tried this Dorito taco salad recipe because it had such hype and everyone was giving great reviews about it. So, I am always up for a change and cooking something new in my kitchen. Seasoned beef, lettuce, beans, veggies, there are so many recipes and you can customize the best salad ever for your daily serving. Salads are great but eating, them in the same way, can make it boring. So, instead of just using the old recipes you can try this delicious one that I am going to share today.
This taco-inspired salad recipe is to die for and you can serve it with pasta, casseroles, BBQ items, and anything you like. Instead of using beef, you can use chicken and whatever leftover meat you have in your fridge. The right blend of spices here surely makes the best combination of flavors. If possible, use the fresh, crispy lettuce that will taste perfect.
Things that go in the taco salad:
You can customize this recipe according to your likes. If your family prefers chicken instead of beef then you can use it. Like I said it before that you can use the leftover meat in your house. You can use shrimp as well for making a seafood salad. Now, for the peppers, I even use the orange one because I have those all the time. So, there is no hard and fast rule but the Nachos Doritos surely increases the taste of this recipe.
I have tried it with the others as well but I would recommend this one. You can also add some guacamole and it will surely give you a feel of Taco.
Dorito Taco Salad recipe
- Water half cup
- Ground beef 1 pound
- Taco seasoning 1 pack from the store
- Lettuce fresh 1 cup
- Red pepper 1 chopped
- Green pepper 1 chopped
- Black olives half cup slices it in half
- Pinto beans You can use the store one to make sure they are rinsed and dry
- Tomatoes 1 sliced
- Green onion half cup chopped
- Cheese 1 cup I am using cheddar here but you can use mozzarella as well
- Nacho Doritos 1 cup
- Catalina salad dressing 10 ounces
- Sour cream optional for garnishing
- In a skillet add the ground beef and cook it until the color changes. Drain the beef and add the taco seasoning and water to it. Heat it for 5 minutes and let it cool.
- Take another bowl in and add all the ingredients except for the Doritos, dressing, and sour cream.
- Toss them slowly to mix your salad well. Crush your Doritos and add on the top. With the dressing and sour cream serve your salad.