Chocolate covered coconut candy is one of my all time favorites. In a past life I used to buy ten to twelve Chocolate Coconut Mounds at a time. When I converted to sugar free, the mounds had to go, until I discovered this recipe.
This is PERFECT for anyone on a Keto diet, coming in at 1 gram NET carb. Yes you saw that right … ONE net gram Carb count.
The sweetened coconut filling is covered with dark chocolate, creating a “to die for” taste combination. I’m going to confess to double dipping the mounds to get an extra thick layer of chocolate. If you decide to do this, be aware that it will add an extra carb.
I also double up on the size of the mounds … dividing my filling into 10 portions. For some reason, having ONE big coconut mound seems more satisfying than having two smaller ones. Yes, I know I can get weird at times!
Sugar Free Chocolate Coconut Mounds
- Chocolate Dipping Tool
- Coconut Candies
- 1/2 cup Coconut butter
- 1/2 cup Coconut oil virgin
- 1/2 cup Shredded coconut unsweetened
- 3 tbsp Sweetener Blend to taste
- Chocolate Topping
- 1 1/2 oz Cocoa Butter
- 2 oz Sugar Free Dark Chocolate
- 1/4 cup Sweetener Blend to taste
- 1/4 cup Cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp Coconut extract optional
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper
- Combine coconut butter and coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until melted and smooth and then stir in shredded coconut and sweetener until combined.
- Divide the mixture into 20 portions (see note below). Use your hands to shape patties. Put the pan in your freezer for 30 – 60 minutes.
- CHOCOLATE COATING: Combine cocoa butter and unsweetened chocolate together in a small pot set over a pan of simmering water. Stir until melted.
- Stir in the sweetener blend until melted. Then stir in cocoa powder, until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in coconut extract.
- Using skinny tongs (or a fork on the bottom) dip the coconut mounds into the chocolate. Hold over the chocolate pot to let excess chocolate drip off.
- Put the dipped chocolates back into the freezer for 15 mintues to harden the chocolate.
- Candies can be stored in a tin or plastic storage container, at room temperatuare, for about a week. Will they last that long? Probably not!