Cajun honey butter salmon is my favorite dish and believe me when it says it is a class-apart seafood recipe. The salmon tastes too good and there are three ingredients that play a major role here. It includes the Cajun seasoning, butter, and honey that gives the perfect flavor and aroma you cannot ignore. The smell is divine and you might want to make some extra because there might be no leftovers to eat the next day.
If you want to make it for guests and a large feast then double or triple the recipe. Everyone is going to fall in love with it. Make sure to add some lemon juice for adding many rich flavors or lime juice based on everyone’s taste.
Is it easy to make Cajun seasoning at home?
Of course, you can. The flavors and the aroma are without a doubt fantastic. No wonder I cannot get enough of it and I make sure to add one meal at least in a week with this seasoning. You can make it at home easily and use it over pasta, vegetables, and meat. Just sprinkle some seasoning and you can just bake it and have a dish ready. It is that easy and you just need thyme, paprika, oregano, onion powder, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes.
Cajun honey butter salmon amazing recipe
- Salmon fillet 3
- Parsley for garnishing
- Olive oil 1 tbsp divided in 2
- Honey 3 tablespoons
- Butter 3 and a half tablespoons
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley flakes for flavors 1 tablespoon
- Onion and garlic powder 1 tablespoon
- Paprika 1 tablespoon
- Cajun seasoning 2 tablespoons
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Take a bowl and add all your dry ingredients and mix it well.
- Now take another bowl and add the butter and honey. Mix it well and make sure there is a smooth consistency.
- Add olive oil to the salmon fillet and season the dry season on top. For rich flavors, add some lemon juice to the fillet and you are going to love the taste.
- If you want you can make it in a skillet on the stove too. But I will be using the baking method by adding the remaining olive oil to the pan and adding some of the mixtures of honey and butter on the top.
- Bake it for 10-15 minutes and add the remaining mixture by cooking it at 145 degrees. Cook again for 7-8 minutes until the salmon is done.
- This butter and honey mixture is going to be your favorite because of the rich flavors and the delicious taste that you are going to fall in love with.
- Garnish with parsley and serve hot from the oven.
What should be the salmon’s internal temperature?
You can use any of the salmon for this recipe. You have to make sure that you are cooking at 145 degrees not more than that because the higher temperature will burn or make it way too soft for you. If you like it a little rare then cook it at 120 degrees so you will be getting your medium-rare prepared in the oven.