If you are a true cookie lover, you must have heard about the ooey-gooey muddy buddy cookies, and chances are high that it is already one of your favorites. Even if they are not your favorite yet, I have come up with the perfect recipe of muddy buddy cookies that will be your best-loved soon after you try this recipe.
This recipe ensures you get a batch of soft and chewy peanut butter cookies with a center of rich milk chocolate topped with powdered sugar. It is a super easy and beginner-friendly recipe. With this recipe, you will get the perfect balance of thick, soft-centered, and crispy on the edge’s cookies.
Cookies are the ultimate favorite confection of literally everyone. You will never miss to please your audience with a plate of muddy buddy cookies from kids to adults. This recipe will come in handy around the holiday season, especially during Thanksgiving and Christmas. They sure set the tone of holidays with their sweetness. You can also bake these cookies for an after-school session, kids’ birthday parties, or simply for yourself whenever you are craving a quick sweet treat.
It’s time to share the amazing recipe with you all. Keep reading!
The Famous Muddy Buddy Cookies Recipe
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- ½ cup of peanut butter
- 2 cups of flour
- ½ cup of powdered sugar
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup of milk chocolate chips
- Parchment paper
- Take a mixing bowl (or a stand mixer). Add butter, peanut butter (or your favorite brand), powdered sugar, and brown sugar, and mix them well until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Add egg and vanilla essence to the same mixture and blend well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients, i.e., flour, baking soda, and salt. Once they are well combined, add the dry mix to the peanut butter mixture until a smooth dough is formed.
- Take a cookie sheet and line it with a piece of parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Make small balls from the dough, roll them in powdered sugar, and start placing them on the cookie sheet. Do not stuff the cookie sheet.
- Now place the cookie sheet in the oven. Bake for about 10 minutes until they are soft in the center and crispy and cracked on the edges.
- Remove the cookies from the oven. While they are still hot, smash inside the centers of the cookies with a flat surface.
- Move them on a wire rack and leave the cookies to cool down.
- While the cookies cool down, take a bowl and add your favorite milk chocolate chips and melt them. Keep stirring until they are completely melted.
- Now take each cookie and place a spoonful of chocolate ganache in the center of the cookie.
- Once they are done, please place them in the refrigerator to cool down for about an hour or more until the center chocolate is settled.
- Before serving the cookies, sprinkle them with powdered sugar.