Who doesn’t love a good cookie bar? Especially when they’re as easy and delightful as these M&M Sugar Cookie Bars. Perfect for pretty much any occasion you can think of, these bars have become a staple in my kitchen. They’re just the thing for a quick dessert fix, whether it’s a casual family gathering or a festive party.
Why Are These Cookie Bars a Must-Try?
Honestly, it’s all about how simple they are to make. You’ve got 15 minutes to prep and 25 to bake – that’s it! Plus, they’re a guaranteed hit. I mean, who can resist those colorful M&Ms peeking out of a soft, sweet cookie bar?
Can I Play Around with the M&M Colors?
Of course! I personally love the classic red, white, and blue mix for certain occasions, but the sky’s the limit. Tailor the colors to fit the theme of your party or your mood. It’s a fun little touch that adds a lot to the presentation.
What’s the Secret to Their Simplicity?
It’s all in the everyday ingredients. This is the kind of recipe where you likely already have everything you need right in your kitchen. Just grab a bag of M&M’s on your next grocery run, and you’re all set.
How Do I Nail the Perfect Cookie Bar Texture?
Keep a close eye on the oven and take them out as soon as the edges get that golden-brown tinge. This little trick ensures a perfect chewy middle with just the right amount of crunch around the edges.
Are Kids Into These Cookie Bars?
Absolutely! In fact, making these bars can be a fun little project to do with the kiddos. They’ll love getting their hands in the dough and sprinkling the M&M’s on top. Plus, they taste so good, even picky eaters can’t resist.
Can I Make These Bars in Advance?
Yes, and that’s the beauty of it! Bake them, let them cool, slice them up, and you’ve got a ready-to-go treat for your event.
What’s the Best Way to Keep These Bars Fresh?
Just pop any leftovers in an airtight container and keep them at room temperature. They should stay delicious for a few days – if they last that long!
Trust me, these M&M Sugar Cookie Bars are more than just a treat; they’re a little moment of joy. They’ve got something for everyone – the chocolate lovers, the cookie fans, you name it. So why not give them a try? Let’s get those ovens preheating and bring some sweetness into our day!
Ingredients for M&M Sugar Cookie Bars
- All-Purpose Flour: 2 1/2 cups
- Baking Powder: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: 1/2 teaspoon
- Butter (Softened): 2 sticks (1 cup)
- Sugar: 1 cup
- Large Eggs: 2
- Vanilla Extract: 1 teaspoon
- M&M’s: 1 1/2 cups
Easy Step-by-Step Baking Instructions
- Begin by Preheating the Oven: Set your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. This ensures it reaches the perfect temperature by the time you’re ready to bake.
- Prepare Your Baking Dish: Take a 9×13 inch baking dish and generously coat it with cooking spray. This step is crucial to prevent sticking.
- Mix Dry Ingredients: In a medium bowl, blend the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cream Butter and Sugar: Use an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl until smoothly combined.
- Add Eggs and Vanilla: To your butter and sugar mixture, add the eggs and vanilla extract, mixing well.
- Combine with Flour Mixture: Gradually add your dry ingredients into the wet mix, ensuring everything is well combined.
- Incorporate M&M’s: With a spatula, fold in 1 cup of M&M’s into the batter.
- Transfer to Baking Dish: Evenly spread the mixture into your prepared dish. If necessary, use a piece of parchment paper to press the mixture into the dish.
- Add the Final Touch: Sprinkle the remaining M&M’s over the top for that extra burst of color and sweetness.
- Bake to Perfection: Place in the oven and bake for 22-25 minutes, or until the edges turn a lovely golden brown.
- Cooling Time: After baking, let the dish cool on a wire rack. It’s essential to let them cool completely before cutting into bars.
This M&M Sugar Cookie Bars recipe is perfect for those seeking a quick, easy, and incredibly tasty treat. Whether you’re baking for a party, a family gathering, or just as a sweet treat for yourself, these cookie bars are sure to be a hit. They’re not only a feast for the taste buds but also a colorful addition to any dessert table. Happy baking!