Southern Strawberry Punch Bowl Cake is a classic southern dessert that has been a favorite for generations. This dish is a perfect combination of a moist and fluffy pound cake or angel food cake, topped with a delicious mixture of fresh strawberries, sugar, and other ingredients such as Jello or strawberries liquor. The combination of flavors and textures creates a truly irresistible dessert that is perfect for any occasion or gathering.
The beauty of this recipe is its simplicity. It is an easy recipe to follow and requires minimal effort and time to prepare. The end result is a beautifully presented and delicious dessert that is sure to impress your guests. The use of fresh strawberries adds a natural sweetness and a beautiful red color that makes it an eye-catching dish. The addition of Jello or strawberries liquor gives it an extra layer of flavor that complements the strawberries perfectly.
This recipe is perfect for summer and spring, when strawberries are in season. But you can make it any time of the year by using frozen strawberries. It’s also a great recipe to make ahead of time, as it tastes even better after it has been chilled in the refrigerator.
Southern Strawberry Punch Bowl Cake is a dessert that is sure to become a family favorite. It’s perfect for family gatherings, picnics, potlucks, and other special occasions. So why not give it a try and see for yourself why it’s a southern favorite!
Southern Strawberry Punch Bowl Cake
- 1 6 oz. package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 10 oz. packages frozen strawberries
- 1 16 oz. carton Cool Whip
- 1 large can crushed pineapple drained
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 2 bananas
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Prepare the yellow cake mix according to the package instructions and pour it into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake the cake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the instant vanilla pudding, crushed pineapple, frozen strawberries and mashed bananas. Mix well.
- Once the cake is cooled, use a fork or a spoon to poke holes in the top of the cake.
- Pour the pudding mixture over the cake, making sure to fill the holes.
- Spread the Cool Whip on top of the pudding mixture.
- Cover the cake and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve the cake in a punch bowl, or individual bowls if desired. Enjoy!