I’m so excited to share my latest baking creation with you all – a delicious Pineapple Pecan Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting! This cake has been on my baking bucket list for a while, and I’m so proud of how it turned out.
The cake itself is made with a combination of butter and vegetable oil, giving it a wonderfully moist texture. I also added some crushed pineapple to the batter for a bit of tropical flavor – you can really taste it in the finished cake. I baked the cake in two layers and then filled the center with some more crushed pineapple. To finish it off, I topped it with a delicious pecan crumble.
When it came time to make the frosting, I decided to go with a classic cream cheese frosting. I used a combination of cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar to create a creamy and smooth texture. To give it a bit of a kick, I also added a dash of freshly grated nutmeg.
Once the frosting was ready, I spread it over the top of the cake, making sure to coat each layer evenly. To finish it off, I scattered some more of the pecan crumble over the top.
I’m so pleased with how this Pineapple Pecan Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting turned out. It has a nice balance of sweet and tart flavors, and the cream cheese frosting is the perfect finishing touch. I have to say, this is one of my favorite cakes I’ve ever made!
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Be sure to let me know what you think in the comments below.
Pineapple Pecan Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter melted and cooled
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pineapple finely chopped
- ½ cup pecans finely chopped
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup butter softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch round cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then add the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in the pineapple and pecans.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and spread evenly. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Gradually add the powdered sugar and vanilla and mix until light and fluffy.
- Spread the frosting over the cooled cake and serve. Enjoy!
-The cake can be made a day before the frosting is added.
-If you don’t have access to pecans, you can use walnuts or almonds instead.