I don’t know about you guys, but when it comes to cold and rainy days, there’s nothing better than a warm and hearty bowl of soup to make everything feel just a little bit better.
I first discovered Broccoli Cheddar Soup when I was in college and trying to save money on food. I was working part-time at a local café and they had a rotating daily soup special. One day, they had Broccoli Cheddar Soup and I was curious enough to give it a try. It was love at first bite. The combination of tender broccoli florets, creamy cheddar cheese, and rich, savory broth was just what I needed to warm up on a chilly day.
Since then, I’ve made it a mission to perfect my own recipe for Broccoli Cheddar Soup. I’ve experimented with different ingredients and cooking techniques to get the flavor and texture just right. I’ve even made it for my friends and family on special occasions, and it’s always a hit.
One of the things I love about this soup is how versatile it is. If you’re looking for a lighter option, you can use low-fat milk and cheese. If you want to add a little extra flavor, try adding some herbs or spices like thyme or garlic. The options are endless!
What I also love about this soup is how easy it is to make. It’s a one-pot meal that can be made in under an hour. And the best part? You probably already have most of the ingredients in your pantry and fridge. All you need is some broccoli, chicken broth, onion, flour, milk, and of course, cheddar cheese.
I’ll never forget the first time I made this soup for my friends. We were all huddled together in my apartment on a particularly cold and dreary day, and I wanted to make something that would warm everyone up from the inside out. I started cooking the soup and the aroma filled the entire apartment. As soon as the first bowls were served, everyone was silent except for the sound of spoons scraping against bowls and happy sighs of contentment. It was a beautiful moment, and I’m so grateful for the memories we made that day.
In conclusion, I just wanted to share my love for Broccoli Cheddar Soup with you all. It’s a simple, comforting, and delicious food that never fails to make me feel better on a cold and rainy day. I hope you’ll give it a try and see for yourself what all the fuss is about! Until next time, take care and happy cooking!
Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 14.5 ounces of chicken broth 3 cans
- 10 ounces of frozen chopped broccoli 3 packages
- 6 tablespoons of margarine
- 1 medium-sized onion chopped
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of milk
- 1.5 pounds of processed cheese food e.g., Velveeta, cubed
- A pinch of ground white pepper
- In a large pot over medium heat, bring the chicken broth to a simmer. Cook the broccoli in the simmering broth for 15 minutes.
- In a separate skillet over medium heat, melt the margarine. Add the chopped onion and sauté for 5 minutes or until it reaches your desired tenderness.
- Mix the flour into the onion until it forms a paste. Gradually add the milk, stirring continuously until the mixture thickens.
- Combine the onion mixture with the broccoli mixture in the pot, stirring well.
- Stir in the cheese until it is melted, making sure not to boil the mixture.
- Season with ground white pepper before serving.