Ever stumbled upon a recipe that’s deceptively simple, yet utterly transformative? That’s our Pea Salad for you. It’s a vibrant medley of flavors and textures, all ready in a breezy 15 minutes. This is more than just a salad; it’s a nostalgic journey to the heart of comfort food.
What’s the Secret Behind the Irresistible Taste of Pea Salad?
It’s all about the balance! The sweetness of peas against the tangy dressing, and the rich cheese playing off the smoky bacon. It’s a dance of flavors that never fails to impress.
Can You Tweak the Pea Salad Recipe?
Of course! Recipes are like stories; they evolve with each teller. Swap in your favorite cheese, or try a new onion variety. The essence of the salad stays delightful.
Is Pea Salad a Make-Ahead Friendly Dish?
Absolutely! Whip it up, stash it in the fridge, and watch how the flavors meld beautifully over time. Perfect for those who love to plan ahead for gatherings.
Why is Pea Salad an All-Season Winner?
Its simplicity and versatility make it a hit year-round. Whether it’s a sunny picnic or a cozy indoor feast, this salad fits right in.
Pea Salad is more than a dish; it’s a testament to how simple ingredients can create extraordinary experiences. It’s a recipe that invites creativity and brings people together, making it a cherished addition to any meal. Give it a try, and watch as this humble salad becomes a star at your table.
- 4 cups of frozen peas, thawed to perfection
- 1/3 cup of finely diced red onion, adding a pop of color and flavor
- 3/4 cup of cubed sharp cheddar cheese, cut to pea-size for uniformity
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked until crispy and then crumbled for a crunchy texture
- 1/2 cup of creamy sour cream
- 1/4 cup of smooth mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar to balance the flavors
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar for a zesty tang
- 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt for seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper for a subtle kick
- Start by whisking together sour cream, mayonnaise, sugar, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. This creates the base of your dressing.
- Gently fold in the thawed peas, diced red onion, cheddar cheese cubes, and the crumbled bacon, ensuring each ingredient is evenly coated with the dressing.
- For the best flavor, refrigerate the salad for at least one hour before serving. This allows the flavors to meld beautifully.
Serving and Storage:
- When ready to serve, consider garnishing with extra crumbled bacon for added texture.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The salad remains fresh for up to three days. However, freezing is not recommended as it can compromise the texture and flavor of the ingredients.
Ideal for a quick lunch, a side dish at dinner, or a dish to pass at a potluck, this Classic Pea Salad is a versatile and universally appealing choice. It’s a recipe that not only tastes great but is also easy to make, ensuring it will be a favorite in your culinary repertoire.