Isn’t it incredible when you stumble upon a dish that’s not only mouth-wateringly delicious but also caters to almost everyone at the dining table? Whether your guests are watching their gluten intake or adhering to a vegan lifestyle, the Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes have got you covered. The crispy outer layer, fluffy inside, and the tantalizing aroma of garlic and herbs make it a winner every single time.
Moreover, this dish strikes a delightful balance by being both elegant enough for special occasions and simple enough for a weekday dinner. Let’s get you started on this journey of flavor!
- 3 pounds of red potatoes, halved for even cooking
- 2 tablespoons of rich olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon of aromatic dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano, for that hint of warmth
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1/3 cup of finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, seasoned to your liking
- 2 teaspoons of unsalted butter (can be omitted for a vegan option)
- 2 teaspoons of freshly chopped parsley leaves for garnish
Let’s Get Cooking:
- Prep Your Oven and Baking Sheet: Preheat your oven to a toasty 400 degrees F. Meanwhile, either spritz a baking sheet with a non-stick spray or lightly grease its surface.
- Toss the Potatoes: In a large mixing bowl, start by adding your halved red potatoes. To this, pour in the olive oil, followed by garlic, thyme, oregano, basil, and the star ingredient – Parmesan cheese.
- Season: Add a generous pinch of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, ensuring it’s seasoned to your palate’s delight.
- Mix It Up: Combine all the ingredients in the bowl, ensuring each potato half is coated evenly with the herby, cheesy mixture.
- Lay Them Out: Transfer the seasoned potatoes onto your prepared baking sheet, placing them peel side up. This will ensure that they roast to a lovely, crispy texture.
- Roast Away: Pop the baking tray into your preheated oven, letting them roast for approximately 25-30 minutes. For a uniform golden-brown hue, remember to flip the potatoes halfway through.
- Final Touch: While your potatoes are roasting, melt the butter (on the stovetop or microwave, as per your convenience) and drizzle over the potatoes post-roasting for added richness. If you’re serving vegan guests, you can skip this step.
- Garnish and Serve: Sprinkle the freshly chopped parsley leaves over the roasted potatoes, adding a pop of color and freshness.
These Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes are not just a treat for the taste buds but also a feast for the eyes. So, the next time you’re pondering over which side dish to prepare, you know which recipe to turn to. Bon appétit!