Welcome, dear readers, to yet another culinary journey here on our food blog. Today, we have something special, a dish that epitomizes comfort and familial love—Mini Chicken Pot Pies. This dish comes with an extra helping of excitement, as it was prepared during an unexpected storm! Buckle up, as we dive into the recipe, some cooking hacks, and a story that made this dish an unforgettable experience.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Before embarking on this venture of gastronomic proportions, it’s paramount to have all your culinary soldiers lined up. For these Mini Chicken Pot Pies, the ingredients are quite straightforward. All you need is a package of grands biscuits, a 12-ounce bag of mixed veggies, cooked chicken (canned or freshly prepared), and a can of cream of chicken soup.
Prepping the Veggies
Now, onto the vegetables—a crucial part of any chicken pot pie. Here, we’ve gone with a bag of mixed veggies to keep things simple and convenient. To accelerate the thawing process, simply run hot water over them in a strainer. It’s a quick and effective way to prep them for the pie filling.
Combining the Filling
When it comes to amalgamating your filling, the process is rather uncomplicated. In a mixing bowl, combine your cooked chicken, thawed mixed veggies, and cream of chicken soup. Spice things up with your preferred seasonings; in our case, we used the delicious y’all Brands Southern Secret seasoning which features flavors of onion and garlic.
Preparing the Biscuit Crust
Let’s talk about the crust, the unsung hero that holds our pot pie together. The grand biscuits serve as an easy-to-use and delicious crust. To make sure they cook evenly, it’s essential to press them out in a certain way—thinner in the middle and a bit thicker on the sides. This ensures that your biscuit crust is cooked to perfection from center to edge.
Filling and Baking
After your crusts are ready in their tins, proceed to fill them up with the mixed concoction you prepared earlier. A simple spoonful in each biscuit will suffice. Pop them in a preheated 350°F oven for about 20-30 minutes. A small hack—if you’ve got empty wells in your muffin tins, just add a bit of water. It helps in even cooking.
Weathering the Storm
Now, as fate would have it, the process wasn’t as smooth as one might expect. An unanticipated storm led to a temporary power outage. However, resilience prevailed, and the mini chicken pot pies came out splendidly, defying both power cuts and inclement weather. A culinary victory, one could say!
Special Offers and Community Love
Before we conclude, a quick shoutout to y’all Brands for their extraordinary seasoning and a special discount for our readers. Use the code “Annie” for a 10% discount on all their products. And speaking of community love, we’re fast approaching 79,000 followers, all thanks to you. A heartfelt thank you for making this journey so enriching!
So, there you have it—a journey into the creation of mini chicken pot pies that is as unpredictable as it is delicious. As always, remember to have hope, strive to be stronger every day, and never forget—you can do hard things. Until next time, happy cooking and bon appétit!
Feel free to find more recipes and adventures on our website, and never hesitate to share your own experiences with these Mini Chicken Pot Pies. Thank you for being a part of this incredible culinary community!
Mini Chicken Pot Pies
- Mixing bowl
- Muffin tin
- Cooking spray
- 1 package of grands biscuits
- 12- ounce bag of mixed veggies thawed
- 1-2 cups of cooked chicken canned or freshly prepared
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- Seasoning of choice e.g., y’all Brands Southern Secret seasoning
- Preheat Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Prepare Veggies: Thaw the bag of mixed veggies by running hot water over them in a strainer.
- Mix Filling: In a mixing bowl, combine the thawed mixed veggies, cooked chicken, and cream of chicken soup. Add seasonings as per your preference.
- Prepare Biscuit Crust: Spray the muffin tin with cooking spray. Flatten each biscuit into a disc shape, making it thinner in the middle and thicker on the sides. Place each flattened biscuit into the wells of the muffin tin.
- Fill and Bake: Spoon the prepared filling into each biscuit crust. If you have empty wells in your muffin tin, fill them with a bit of water. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes.
- Check and Serve: Once baked, remove from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.