The allure of the Peaches & Cream Cheese Loaf lies not just in its delightful taste but in the memories it evokes. A perfect blend of sweet peaches and rich cream cheese makes it a treat that’s both comforting and sophisticated. In just about 10 minutes, you can have the ingredients ready and in less than an hour, a freshly baked loaf straight out of the oven. Be it holidays, family get-togethers, or just a regular day, this loaf fits every occasion beautifully. Having baked this for years, it’s become a family favorite. For someone like me, who has a penchant for fruity and creamy combinations, this loaf is the ultimate delight.
Trust me, you don’t need to be a baking maestro to get this right. It’s simple, straightforward, and oh-so-delicious. I promise, you’re going to adore this recipe.
Can I use fresh peaches instead of canned?
Absolutely! While canned peaches offer the convenience of baking this loaf all year round, if you have fresh peaches on hand, they would elevate the loaf’s flavor immensely. Just ensure you dice them finely to get that perfect consistency in every bite.
Why is my loaf not cooking evenly?
This might occur if the peach pieces are too large, leading to an uneven distribution. Chopping the peaches into smaller bits ensures a uniform texture and even baking. Also, make sure your oven’s temperature is consistent throughout.
Can I refrigerate the Peaches & Cream Cheese Loaf?
Certainly! If you’ve baked more than one loaf or have leftovers, you can refrigerate it. Just wrap it in cling film or store in an airtight container. When you want to enjoy it again, just a few seconds in the microwave, and it’s as good as fresh.
Should I apply any glaze or topping?
While the loaf is delectable on its own, sometimes I love adding a simple sugar glaze or a dollop of whipped cream on the side. It complements the loaf’s flavors and adds an extra layer of indulgence.
- Setting the Stage: Preheat your oven to 375°F. Generously grease either one large or two smaller bread loaf pans.
- Beginning with the Base: In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy. Progressively incorporate the sugar, followed by the eggs and lemon zest, ensuring the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Preparing the Dry Mix: In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and if you’re using, the cinnamon.
- Combining Wet & Dry: Alternating between the dry ingredient mix and the milk, slowly introduce them to the cream cheese mixture, mixing until just combined. Gently fold in the diced peaches.
- Baking Time: Transfer the batter into your prepared loaf pan(s). If you’re baking one large loaf, keep it in for 50-55 minutes. If you’ve opted for two smaller loaves, adjust your time to 45-50 minutes. The loaf is ready when an inserted toothpick or skewer comes out clean.
- Cool Down: Once baked to perfection, take it out and allow it to cool before slicing.
Serve the Peaches & Cream Cheese Loaf as is or with a touch of powdered sugar on top for an extra sweet finish. It pairs wonderfully with your morning coffee or as an afternoon treat. Enjoy your baking journey!