What’s Christmas without a slice of cheesecake?
Just like a festive jingle, a Christmas Cheesecake brings that merry vibe to your dinner table. It’s more than a dessert, it’s a slice of holiday cheer!
Ever wondered why Christmas Cheesecake is the holiday hero?
This isn’t just any dessert; it’s a creamy, dreamy centerpiece that’s as much a part of Christmas as stockings by the fireplace.
How does a Christmas Cheesecake capture the essence of the holidays?
Layer by luscious layer, this cheesecake is a festive melody of flavors – it’s like Christmas carols for your taste buds.
What’s the deal with the cranberry jam in Christmas Cheesecake?
That zingy cranberry jam layer? It’s the zesty surprise that cuts through the sweetness, making each forkful perfectly balanced.
Vanilla bean in cheesecake: hype or holiday must-have?
Oh, it’s the real deal. The vanilla bean is like the twinkling lights on the tree – subtle, but oh-so-necessary for the magic.
Candied cranberries: garnish or game-changer?
Optional, sure, but sprinkle those candied cranberries on top, and you’ve got a cheesecake that’s dressed up in its festive best.
Want a showstopper Christmas Cheesecake at your holiday party?
It’s all about that wow factor when you set the cheesecake down – and trust me, this one has it in spades.
Got any insider tips for a cheesecake that’ll steal the Christmas show?
Bake it cool and slow, then give it the chill time it deserves. Patience, my friends, is the key to cheesecake perfection.
How does the white chocolate mousse come together on top?
It’s like the final flourish on your Christmas tree – a smooth, velvety mousse that’s as easy as it is impressive.
Could this Christmas Cheesecake become your new holiday tradition?
Give it a try, and who knows? It might just earn that coveted spot in your family’s holiday recipe book.
Delight in the Essence of Christmas with This Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
A festive feast for the eyes and the palate, this Vanilla Bean Cheesecake adorned with Cranberry Jam and White Chocolate Mousse is your ticket to holiday enchantment. With a preparation time that allows you to soak in the holiday joy and a cooking process that infuses love into every layer, this dessert is poised to be the crown jewel of your Christmas spread.
Serves: 10 | Preparation Time: 8 Hours | Cooking Time: 1 Hour 40 Minutes | Total Craft Time: 9 Hours 40 Minutes
Ingredients to Gather:
- For the Cranberry Jam:
- 16 oz of fresh cranberries
- 1 cup of white granulated sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- For the Crust:
- 1½ cups of graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 24 oz of softened cream cheese
- ¾ cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- ½ cup of white granulated sugar
- Seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- For the White Chocolate Mousse:
- 8 oz of baking white chocolate bars
- 8 oz of softened cream cheese
- 8 oz of whipped topping (such as COOL Whip)
- For the Optional Candied Cranberries:
- 8 oz of fresh cranberries
- 1½ cups of water
- 1½ cups of sugar
- Additional 1/2 cup of sugar (or super fine sugar for coating)
Creating Your Christmas Masterpiece:
- Candied Cranberries (Optional, Prepare Overnight):
- Dissolve 1½ cups of sugar in water over medium heat. Cool slightly before immersing cranberries.
- After soaking overnight in the fridge, drain and roll in fine sugar.
- Quick Cranberry Jam:
- Simmer cranberries, sugar, and vanilla until the berries burst and the jam thickens (about 15 minutes). Cool off the heat.
- Crust Perfection:
- Combine graham cracker crumbs with brown sugar, melted butter, and vanilla. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Layer half of the cranberry jam over the crust base.
- Cheesecake Filling:
- Whisk cream cheese and sugar to a smooth blend. Integrate vanilla extract, sour cream, and eggs. Gently incorporate cornstarch and heavy cream, then stir in the vanilla bean seeds.
- Pour this creamy mixture over the cranberry jam in the springform pan.
- Baking the Cheesecake:
- Bake in a water bath at 325 degrees for about 70-75 minutes. Let it rest in the turned-off oven, then on the counter, before refrigerating.
- Final Touches with White Chocolate Mousse:
- Melt white chocolate and beat it into cream cheese. Fold in whipped topping for a fluffy mousse.
- Spread this mousse over the chilled cheesecake, using extra to pipe decorative accents if desired.
- Candied Cranberry Finale (Optional):
- For a sparkly finish, crown your cheesecake with candied cranberries just before serving.