Skip to content
- 1/2 – cup pear, apple or apple harvest blend juice
- 1/2 – cup honey
- 3 1/2 – 5 pound ham (spiral cut smoked, fully cooked)
- 1/2 – cup firmly brown sugar
- mini hand held cooking torch
- 1/2 – cup orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 300 ° F. Place the ham in a large baking pan, cut side down.
- Mix the pear or apple juice with the orange juice in a bowl and stir.
- Pour the juice mixture over the ham, cover loosely with foil and bake for 15 minutes per pound, dousing the juice frequently.
- Take out of the oven. Mix brown sugar and honey in a small bowl.
- Brush the mixture over the ham and bake, covered, for another hour or until the internal temperature is 145 ° F.
- Caramelize the glaze with a mini-butane burner carefully with small lines on the crust until it is very lightly crispy, sizzling and sticky.
- If you don’t have a butane burner, you can caramelize the ham by placing it under the grill of your oven. Grill until the top is crispy, sizzling, and sticky. Be sure to watch the ham closely.