- ¾ cup Milk
- 3 tablespoons Butter, melted
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 2¼ teaspoons Yeast (1 pkg)
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3½ cups All Purpose Flour
- Chocolate Cinnamon Roll Filling…
- ¼ cup Butter or Margarine, softened
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- 1-2 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- ½ – 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- Milk, just enough to make a consistency to drizzle over rolls. Start with about 1 tablespoon.
- Warm milk to remove chill. (I put it in a measuring cup and place in the microwave for about 30 – 45 seconds.) Add the melted butter, sugar, and yeast. Set aside until yeast starts to bubble. This should only take a few minutes. Then add the water and egg. Mix well.
- Next, place about 3 cups of flour in a large bowl. Add the salt and blend together. Add the yeast mixture and stir until combined. Gradually add more flour a little at a time until the dough is workable without being too sticky. Continue to kneed either in the bowl, or on a floured surface for 3 – 5 minutes. Set the dough aside and let it rest for 10 – 20 minutes or so.
- Meanwhile, make the chocolate cinnamon filling (My daughter likes it with more cocoa powder, my son likes it with less) and have your softened butter ready.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle, approximately 16″ x 12″. Spread ¼ cup of softened butter over the dough. Sprinkle the sugar mixture over the dough.
- Roll up the dough and slice into 12 pieces. Place rolls into a 13″ x 9″ pan that has been coated with non-stick spray.
- Let the rolls raise until double in size.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 – 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool slightly and drizzle with Glaze if desired.
You can also follow me on Pinterest or join my group on Facebook