Ground Beef Vegetable Soup is more than just a meal; it’s a heartwarming experience. With its simple ingredients and easy steps, it’s a go-to for busy weeknights and cozy weekends alike. This blog post will guide you through making this versatile and delicious soup, perfect for any occasion.
Why is Ground Beef Vegetable Soup a Family Favorite?
It’s all about versatility and convenience. You can use whatever vegetables you have on hand, be it fresh, canned, or frozen, making it a perfect dish for any season. This soup is not just a meal; it’s a canvas for your culinary creativity.
Can I Use Any Type of Vegetables?
Absolutely! The beauty of this soup lies in its flexibility. Fresh from the garden, canned for convenience, or frozen for a quick fix – every vegetable has a place in this soup. It’s a great way to use up whatever you have in your pantry or fridge.
What Makes Canned Green Beans Special in This Soup?
Canned green beans bring a unique, tender texture that’s hard to replicate with fresh beans. Their convenience and consistent quality make them a secret weapon in this wholesome soup.
How Does Ground Beef Enhance the Flavor?
Ground beef is the cornerstone of this soup, offering a rich and deep flavor that complements the vegetables. Its savory notes are the foundation that ties all the other ingredients together in a harmonious blend.
What are the Key Steps in Making This Soup?
Start by sautéing ground beef, onions, and garlic. Then, add in your choice of vegetables, seasoning, and broth. Let it simmer to perfection. It’s that simple yet so satisfying.
Is This Soup Suitable for Freezing?
Definitely! This soup freezes beautifully, making it a fantastic option for meal prep or for sharing as a thoughtful, homemade gift for friends or family in need of a comforting meal.
Ground Beef Vegetable Soup Recipe:
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 pound of lean ground beef for a healthier choice
- A medium-sized onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced for that aromatic punch
- 3 carrots, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 2 stalks of celery, also sliced
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, diced for added heartiness
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning for that herby flavor
- A single bay leaf
- 4 cups of beef broth, rich in flavor
- 1 can (15 ounces) of diced tomatoes, including the juice
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) of condensed tomato soup for added depth
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce for a tangy twist
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) of cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) of corn, drained
- Salt and pepper, adjusted to your taste
- Start by heating a 5 to 6-quart Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the olive oil, ground beef, diced onion, and minced garlic.
- Cook the beef, crumbling it until it’s fully browned and no pink spots remain.
- Add the sliced carrots and celery, sautéing for about 6 to 8 minutes until the carrots start to soften. Remember to stir occasionally.
- Mix in the Italian seasoning and bay leaf, cooking for another couple of minutes to release the flavors.
- Now, add the diced potatoes, pour in the beef broth, diced tomatoes with their juice, condensed tomato soup, tomato paste, and Worcestershire sauce. Don’t forget to add the green beans and corn.
- Stir everything well, bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat. Let it simmer, covered, for 35 to 40 minutes. The soup is ready when the vegetables are tender and the aroma is irresistible.
Serve this “Hearty Beef and Vegetable Soup” hot, and watch as it becomes a family favorite, perfect for those chilly evenings or whenever you need a comforting meal. Enjoy!