The cobbler looks like a crumble. It is the same way of a dessert with the fruits below the dough above. But that’s the only resemblance. The difference is in the composition of the dough that contains yeast and swells up when it’s cooked. It’s more like cookie dough. This recipe is from Jamie Oliver’s America book. Jamie Oliver notes about this recipe:
Even if this recipe is easy, the result is extraordinary! The combination of hot and juicy peaches cooking in their own syrup with the crunchy-crousti “cobbler” dumplings is incredible. You can make this recipe in advance, then bring it back to life by warming it in the oven (adding a little water in the dish to not dry it out). Serve hot, with a little melting vanilla ice cream on top.
- 2 undrained cans of peaches (15 ounces each).
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- ½ cup of unsalted butter.
- 1 pinch of salt.
- 2 cups of sugar, divided.
- 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- 1 ground cinnamon or nutmeg (optional).
- 1 cup of milk.
- Put the butter in a 9 x 13 baking dish We melt it in the oven.
- In a medium bowl, Mix flour with a cup of sugar, salt, Baking powder, also Milk and stir until well combined, then pour in the melted butter.
- In a medium saucepan, boil a cup of sugar, lemon juice over high heat, and peaches, stirring frequently.
- Top the batter with the peaches mixture and pour the juice over the top. If you want, sprinkle some cinnamon or nutmeg over the top.
- In a preheated oven to 375°, bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
This sounds like a wonderful recipe but it is not what is pictured above. Is there a recipe for the one with the pastry layered on top like the one shown? Thanks!
Can I have the recipe for the cobbler posted in the picture? It isn’t the one for the recipe. Thanks!
yummy. need your Dishes
I would like the recipe also. The peach cobbler. The crust on top was not given. Thank you Darlene Calvin
I would really appreciate it if you would Please e-mail me the recipe for the Hot Peach Cobbler shown in tbe picture with the lactice crust,also please include the recipe & complete instructions for the Cucumber,Tomatoe, Onion salad that has vinegar & oil in it, thank you so very much.
I would also live the recipe of peach cobbler with lattice crust. thank you so much
RECIPE FOR THE PEACH COBBLER PICTURED.
need peach cobler bottom and top dough! please send
It also does not have measurements for the cinnamon, and nutmeg.
I also would like the recipe for the cobbler in the picture.
Please email me the recipe for the peach cobbler pictured with the lattice crust.