Many people claim that apple pie is the all-American dessert, but I disagree. I’m sure that strawberry pie also has its place in American history. When I was little, my mother would take my siblings and I to a local strawberry field to pick berries. We would spend much of our afternoon in the field picking strawberries and having a good time together. I think my sisters and I ate more berries than we threw into our boxes. Well, they were super tasty!
Once we got the berries home, Mom would wash them all and start preparing them for storage. Mom would make jam, strawberry pie filling and applesauce. She would then put them in Mason jars in a huge pot on the stove. Good times!
Get this strawberry daiquiri mix! The daiquiri mixture gives the pie a fun and fresh flavor. You’ll see once you’ve made this pie. Oh, and this recipe is incredibly easy to follow, so there you go.
- 1 cup strawberry, cut and crushed
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Baked pie crust or graham to taste
- Put the crushed strawberries in a pot with 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar boil for 2 min.
- Dissolve the starch in a little water and add to the crushed strawberries, cook over medium heat, stirring until thickened.
- Remove from the heat put the uncooked strawberries in the mixture and pour into the crust.
- Cool at room temperature and put in the fridge so that the jelly will freeze.
- Garnish with whipping cream
You mentioned daiquiri in the making of the strawberry pie but it’s not in the ingredients. Did I misunderstand?
Where is recipe for strawberry daiquiri and how used in strawberry slab pie. Mary I asked also
It’s a strawberry daiquiri mix they sell in the alcohol section in the store.
Where is recipe for strawberry daiquiri and how is it used in strawberry slab pie
I’m looking for the strawberry slab recipe is there any way you can send it to me
Send me the strawberry pie recipe
I’m looking for the strawberry slab recipe can u send it to me