Ah, chicken breasts. How many ways can we cook it before we get tired of it?! Well, I was trying to use leftovers in the fridge tonight (especially the black olives and parmesan from pizza night!) and I came up with this recipe. My husband can tell you that when I “go rogue” like this, it can often be disastrous – but this one was so good that I had to post it. Have fun and don’t hesitate to improvise with what you have on hand!
(Note: if you don’t like – or don’t have – olives, a good substitute would be chopped sun-dried tomatoes. However, this chicken is so tasty and juicy that it doesn’t really need a topping! You may want to add salt during cooking, as olives and parmesan are very salty. Salt to be eaten later if you need it).
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Cut each breast in half and pound it to about 1/2″ thick.
- Beat egg and water in a shallow bowl until well blended.
- Stir in garlic, pepper and salt and whisk to blend.
- Place parmesan cheese in another shallow bowl.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the egg mixture, making sure to coat well.
- Allow excess egg to drain off.
- Place in parmesan cheese. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Press gently, then turn and repeat on the other side. Shake off excess. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Put butter and oil in a big skillet on high heat.
- Place chicken in pan and hold until edges are golden brown (for cheese to stick to chicken, about 3 minutes).
- Press lightly with a spatula, then turn over and again do not move until golden brown.
- Press lightly with a spatula and place on a serving plate.
Would love Popeye chicken recipe! Missed that one. Thanks.
Thanks, going to try this awesome looking recipe out tomorrow!
I was extremely pleased to find this page. I need to to thank you for your time due to this fantastic read!! I definitely savored every little bit of it and i also have you saved to fav to see new things on your site.