What we don’t bicker over is cake. We love the stuff in this household, and this Boston Cream Pie Poke Cake was a real winner in this house.
It starts with yellow cake mix. Throw it in a pan and bake it up like you normally would. Then, once it’s cooled down some, poke holes all up in that biznass. Then spread some prepared pudding over the top, pop it in the fridge for a beat, then pour on the frosting. It’s so impossibly easy, you could do it in your sleep. But you’ll want to be awake for the eating part – it’s remarkable.
- 1 box yellow cake mix, plus ingredients on back of box
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (3.4 oz) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 can prepared chocolate frosting
- Prepare the cake batter according to package directions. Pour into a greased 13×9″ baking dish and bake at 350 according to package directions, about 30 minutes. Cool completely.
- Once cake has cooled, poke holes all over the surface, careful not to penetrate through the bottom, with a handle of a wooden spoon. Set aside. Meanwhile, prepare the pudding by whisking together the pudding mix and milk until combined. Pour the pudding mixture over the cake, taking care to fill the holes in the cake.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until pudding is firm. Then, remove the foil and cap of the frosting and microwave the frosting for about 45 seconds, stirring after about 15 seconds or until the frosting is pourable. Pour the frosting over the cake and spread out to the edges in an even layer. Refrigerate for about 2 hours or longer until set.