What I have learned though is coconut flour is not your typical flour. Because of its high fiber content, coconut flour absorbs a lot of liquid, so you must increase the liquid in recipe. Usually zucchini bread recipes call for 3-4 eggs, but this recipe calls for 6 in order to prevent the bread from being too dry.
This Coconut Flour Zucchini Bread turned out way better than I expected. Since it was my first time experimenting with gluten free baking, I was a bit nervous, but I absolutely loved it. The coconut flour is not overpowering and it just adds a slight sweet flavor. This is absolutely amazing right out of the oven or microwaved and topped with nut butter. This has been my afternoon snack for the past week and I have loved it.
- 1+1/2 cups Zucchini, Shredded
- ¾ cup Coconut Flour
- ⅓ cup Coconut Oil
- ⅓ cup Honey
- 6 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¾ tsp Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 9×5 baking loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper
- Squeeze moisture out of zucchini
- Combine all ingredients, minus zucchini, and mix together
- Stir in zucchini
- Place in a loaf pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.