- 5 plums
- ½ yellow onion (3/4 cup)
- 1 Tbls grated ginger
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 Tbls coconut aminos
- pinch salt
- 2 Tbls apple cider vinegar
- 2 lbs chicken thighs (boneless and skinless)
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- Dice plums and onions into 1½ inch pieces. Grate ginger on a fine grater or microplane. (I did not remove the skin off of the ginger). Add to saucepan and add vinegar, ginger, olive oil, honey, pinch salt and coconut aminos. Simmer for 15 min.
- With an immersion blender, blend until smooth in the saucepan. On low heat, simmer for another 20 minutes.
- In a cast iron skillet, cook chicken on medium high heat with a bit of coconut or olive oil. When thoroughly cooked, cut into pieces and add back to pan. Add sweet and sour sauce and cook for 10 minutes. Serve with green onions as garnish
*If you do not have an immersion blender, use a regular blender (be sure to cover lid with dish towel to prevent burning yourself) and blend until smooth; around one minute then add back to saucepan
What is coconut amino?
I just looked up Coconut Aminos.
Apparently it’s like soy sauce but made with coconut. It’s available everywhere like grocery stores,Wal-Mart,Target
Looks wonderful. Can’t wait to try. I am not familiar with coconut aminos???
When you say plums, do you mean tomatoes?